Sarasota Article from Heral Tribune

Notices

Sarasota Article from Heral Tribune

Old 07-04-2006, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Sarasota Article from Heral Tribune

Bruce,

By egos I mean all the big race organizations, no one in particular. I have raced with the old APBA with Zero Cavity, and now SBI in Predator.

Everyone who has ever raced knows this whole thing will only work with all the organizations combined and fair easily enforced rules. Next up world peace. I can't speak for the other classes, but I am not sure how the P classes can be done better.

We would surely run with the OSS group if they had P boats.

I think all the organizations are just happy someones showing up.

Carl
Old 07-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by underpressure
Bruce,

By egos I mean all the big race organizations, no one in particular. I have raced with the old APBA with Zero Cavity, and now SBI in Predator.

Everyone who has ever raced knows this whole thing will only work with all the organizations combined and fair easily enforced rules. Next up world peace. I can't speak for the other classes, but I am not sure how the P classes can be done better.

We would surely run with the OSS group if they had P boats.

I think all the organizations are just happy someones showing up.

Carl
theres no sure fire way to keep P class speeds in check. But APBA was close with GPS units sealed in a box. Are they perfect? NO. but everyone accepted them.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:17 PM
Registered

and APBA put the proper boats in the proper classes
Old 07-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered

The way it is done now is by far the best I have seen yet. They monitor the entire course by downloading the GPS at the end. If you unit turns off for any reason, you lose. If it doesn't log a lap, you lose. If you miss a turn, penalized. Go over the breakout speed anywhere before, during, or after the race, DQ'd. Average speeds are still done by timing. Go over your breakout twice, move up a class. How do you get any better?

Qball,

Not sure where your going here but SBI does not pick the class you do. They will suggest like they did to us to go from P-4 to P-3. It is bracket racing just like running your moms station wagon against a race car. There are no size limitations or hull styles, only speed. You can't sandbag because if someone is on their game you will never catch them. It becomes all skill and set-up. It is the great equalizer, your boat has to be fast in the rough and when its calm or you don't win. It lets anyone play with anything, real street style racing.

So what is the right class??? I am only talking P here.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Carl......please explain how it works so good if CatAttack and Predator raced side by side in Marathon and they were disqualified and you guys weren't? There is obviously a glitch in the system somewhere.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:06 PM
Registered

Bruce I will leave you with this...

Calling someone a lier and using there full name is just wrong...

and I have never read a OSS pres release were there numbers were wrong....or better yet...

When I told the people in DC about how certain racers were a go in some citys...that there response to me was that is not true....like I said...I now go to the G.C. to see what permits and what there input is if a race will be going on...then go by others....

I understand now...I can't beleive one of the Organizations I race with are liers....I'm glad you brought that to my attention...
Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

Ryan,

In the old system you could turn slower and wider and take a chance running faster on the straights or just goose it past to win. Average lap would be okay and you only lost if you got radared. (unlikely but possible) Sandbagging. That is why everyone wanted a cat and a vee P class. Todays system requires you to run a tight course, make fast turns, and hold a high average speed without ever going over.

Saturday 1st race

I was in the boat both days and I can tell you that Saturdays race was the most awesome deck to deck race I have ever seen or been in.

We all started even and ran down the straight deck to deck. Marine Tech had to back down because of chine walk. (he always has this problem in wakes or waves) Catattack was right next to us into the turn. Both Dennis and him pulled some really tight turns at speed. You should have felt the G's and we were very close to each other. This continued through the bridges and around every turn. We were non stop screaming the max speed out so we didn't exceed. When we did make one turn much harder than him we pulled six to ten boat lenghts. When I saw him make up those lengths on the back straight and we were already at 88 I knew he had to break out. On the last turn, an unusual right turn we knew we had to be inside or we could not get to the finish first. Dennis pulled the tightest turn many people have seen inside the F1 boat Venom and Catattack had to go outside and that was our lead at the end. We passed the finish line one second ahead. When we checked our GPS units we had maxed at 91.6 we breathed a sigh of relief.

The tech inspectors took our unit and Catattacks and downloaded the coarse and saw that we had run and turned the course correctly and that Catattack had broke out. We won.

Sunday Race 2

We knew we only had to finish 2nd to win overall. At the start of the race we ran hard again and had the same setup at turn one. Catattack was now running the race just a couple of lengths behind us and pushing. Our mission was to run hard but not break out, like always. On the second last straightaway Catattack pulled the distance and passed us again when we were at 89mph. Same deal on closing the gap, it is not mathmatically possible. As racers I cannot begin to tell you how hard it was to let them lead us past the finish.

The tech guys pulled the GPS's again and we were 91.5 and ran the course perfect. Catattack broke out twice. We won.

We like the Catattack guys, had them at our trailer partying with us and miss them in P-3. They cheered us in Sarasota too.

Ryan, I believe you race also and I am baffled how this is so hard to understand. We beat them to the finish day 1 so even if they didn't break out we won, Day 2 we knew they broke out but we could still finish second and win overall. They did breakout so we won both days.

Hope this explains it clearly and please do not take anything as negative.

Carl
Old 07-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Registered

Bruce,

So what you are saying is the only reason OSS doesnt have any PAYING race site is because SBI/APBA has contractS with them ??? But when the contract run out OSS will get them ??? Are you saying there is no other cities then the SBI / APBA cities that are willing to pay ??? SBI/APBA picked up 2 new PAYING race sites this year .

Do you know there is a lot of cities that wont even bother talking to any organization more the less pay them to race in their city without TV ??? The city doesn't really care how many boats are in the show as long as it is a good show. The TV is what they and Major sponsor are looking at, they are looking for the Million plus TV house hold numbers not 1000 people on the beach. The TV is what promotes a city , and Major sponsors. Not sure if you get it.... all you are worried about is boat count not a business plan. All we heard from a certain F1 race not to many years back is that he had to have TV and that was the most important factor for his team to race...

You are very luck to be racing with some guys in your organization that are willing to write some very BIG check to allow the rest of you to race. My hat goes off to them and their commitment.

Are you saying that OSS shouldn't be running classes that they are because of the number of boats in the class ??? You pointed that out in an earlier thread , that isn't what the fans want :

OSSTX - 1 BOAT
OSSCX - 3 BOATS
OSSC - 3 BOATS

Good luck to everyone where ever you race be safe, the rest will takes it course...
Old 07-04-2006, 03:33 PM
Registered

Gino, I never called anyone a liar. Re-read my post. or shall I change this person's wording to (mislead)? Would that make you happy?

Frank, you can keep believing the dream. You may have paying sites, but who gets the money? The race teams? I dont think so. I see you are all about the show Frank, not true competition. Where are all your Factory 1 boats. They left because you keep trying to change the rules to your advantage. Thats your (SBI's) MO. change the rules to keep certain people happy.

You seem to know alot about the OSS finances. Can you enlighten us as to where you get your info from? And / or can you back it up?

As far as TV coverage goes, I ve seen your Fountain Infomercials. Are they selling boats with them? I hope so. Because the race coverage sucks.

I know all about business plans and I also know all about telling the customer (the cities) that you can deliver the product they are paying for. Its quite obvious that current and past customers are unhappy with your show recently. And you haven't delivered the product that you sold in your so called business plans.

I also heard a rumor that the Conch republic paid visits to Marathon and Ft Myers and saw quite a big difference. Which show do you think they liked more?

Do you know anything about that? You seem to know everything.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Registered

Yes they did and looks like SBI/APBA still has KW hummmm....

Quick Reply: Sarasota Article from Heral Tribune

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.