Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So --- ??

I'll second that !!!!
Old 09-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,

I'll admit SBI/APBA is slow to post things on their web site, but JC has been good to keep us informed at the drivers meetings. Unfortunately, I forget to bring something to write with so I don't take notes...and it seems if I don't write it down...I will forget most of it.

But JC has said the China deal is done...we're waiting for the Chinese to select the boats. The Superbowl race is a done deal with NBC...we're waiting for the details, but I think the race is scheduled for the first weekend in Feb 07, basing out of the Hollywood, FL, area. The NFL alumni will be hanging out with us at select races. JC announced the races, but I don't remember them, but I'm sure they'll be at Key West. The Seminole Hard Rock as an SBI/APBA sponsor is paying for our new TV producer, who is filming the racers, not just pre- and post-race interviews, but the human interest stories behind the teams. I understand this footage will be used not just for race broadcasts as we've seen in the past, but more of a reality type show of offshore racing. JC has other things in the works that he won't announce until they're done deals. There's also speculation that some movie stars may be getting involved with offshore racing again. Maybe Pat W can clarify that, I noticed he was running Don Johnson Racing on the side of their Platinum.

JC time and time again reiterates he is working deals that will help us as racers secure sponsors...and so far...my sponsors like what I'm able to provide them through SBI/APBA. I also believe bigger and better things are yet to come.

Of course, if I'm incorrect with anything here, I'm sure Frank can clarify...especially since I'm going off of memory.

Sean
Old 09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
www.weismann.net
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ron,
you should head south and go to the drivers meeting in NY this weekend. Stand next to Hulk Hogan and friends. It is not that far from Jersey.

Call Vern for the platinum details with the sponsors and partners.

pat W