Special Thanks Is Overdue For Morehead >

Special Thanks Is Overdue For Morehead

Notices

Special Thanks Is Overdue For Morehead

Old 10-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Special Thanks Is Overdue For Morehead

Let me start by saying thank you to Mark from MER Performance in North Myrtle Beach/Little River SC for opening up and letting us use his shop to get the boat ready for our Morehead debut last minute. After testing on Saturday we had outdrive issues and were not going to be able to start the race on Sunday. Well, what can we say, when we returned to our pit word had undoubtably spread since several teams were on their way to help with an "oh no, you guys are going to race tomorrow" attitude. They were ready and dressed to go out, however they gave that up and started turning wrenches to help us out. You guys got us fixed! To "Team Predator", Team Scream Machine & TJ Crew, Team Marine Tech and Team Extreme...you are the epitome of true racers and friends whom we will always be in debt to. THANK YOU! You guys represented true racers in true racer fashion.

Scott and Trent
F1 - 2
Team Mariner's Club
Attached Thumbnails Special Thanks Is Overdue For Morehead-100_0667.jpg  
Old 10-05-2006, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Special Thanks Is Overdue For Morehead

Scotty, that's what it's all about. Forget all the BU$$ $hit, it's the FRIENDS you make along the way that will be with you till you drop. Everyone you mentioned are great people and wouldn't expect anything less that what they did to get you runnin' . Best of luck and guy's, keep up the good work. Augie
Old 10-05-2006, 01:24 PM
Registered

Scott,
Anytime... You guys are good friends,and anything we can do to help, we will be there no different then you would do for us or anyone else that needed a hand.
Good luck with the new boat , you guys are putting a hell of a program together.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont see Trent in that pic. he has alot of experience wrenching through the nite to make the race.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:30 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
I dont see Trent in that pic. he has alot of experience wrenching through the nite to make the race.

Actualy I was the one taking the photo, due to grogginess I was relegated to getting the parts and holding flashlights. I am no match for the talent that was in our pit working that night. What a great feeling it was to see the comrardery that took place. Once again thank you to everyone and also to the city of Morehead City for putting on one hell of a race.

But yes Bruce you are right, I have had no choice but to wrench into the night since aquiring the Fountain again, Frankie keeps doing drive-bys during the day, so I have no choice but to burn the midnight oil. I can't let him in on all the tricks up my sleeve.

thanks again to everyone see ya'll in Deerfield

Trent
Old 10-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Registered

The bigger the better , the Extreme loves big water. Its fast in the flat and even faster in the ruff, we proved that last year in Key West. All the hard work that Matt has put into the boat it is finally paying off , we are getting faster and faster every time he builds us a new wheel.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bruce,

I appreciate the confidence and faith you have in me, but this season is and will be a learning curve for our team. Our focus has been to get good quality sponsors on board, which we have done, and get wheel time. As far as our business plan is concerned, we are ahead of schedule, but I still want to roll with it methodically, in order to minimize mistakes on and off the course. With the new/old boat everyone knows it is the fastest, but everyone also knows that the fastest boat doesnt always win. I havent had the time to dial it in since aquiring it. After Chat, I have a month to get her going in the right direction. We have had just too many races this year and between the races and all of the sponsor appearances(well work too!! ), we really havent had time to sit still.

Frank, Dave, and Richard have put one hell of a team togetherand have worked hard from day one. It is an awesome boat and if they keep going in the direction that they are headed in, they will challenge the speed that we know my boat can do. This is their year. Frank has been talking retirement for the last couple of years and his goals this year were to do a clean sweep of all the titles and honors and I made him a promise at the beginning of the year that he was going to have to earn it, it wouldnt be handed to him as in years past. They have stepped up to the plate and have earned it. What a way for Frank to retire, on top.

Next year is our year, over the winter I will have some quality time to get the boat dialed in again, I am going to have Julie touch every part of that boat(shes my good luck charm), we are going to get going with the new "Throttle Up" propeller and there wont be anyone that will be able to touch us on or off the course.

We of course are going to give every race 110% as we have all year, but the thing I like the most is no one knows what we are bringing to Key West, including myself You know better than most how I think and that I am always looking for ways to get more speed and performance out of any team or boat I have been with. Now its just time for me to show you and Frank how good of a student I was when I was with both of those teams. One month is a lot of time. Plus its also a benfit to have one of the best drivers in the business, Scott might be a rookie in experience, but he drives like he has been racing for 20 years.

Thanks again for your support and thanks to everyone out there that has made my first year of running a team a successful one and more importantly fun year.

Trent

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 10-10-2006 at 02:45 PM.