Notices

Panasonic

Old 10-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Panasonic

Great points Mike I guess we'll all find out as time goes on, but like u said it has to be good it can't hurt 4 sure.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bottom Line, A big name like Panasonic lends credibility to our sport no mattler what the organization.This can only be viewed as a positive for all of offshore racing. Nice job SBI and I can tell you this; When we are doing our presentation to sponsors, you can bet your a$$ we will be mentioning the fact that Panasonic is involved withh Offshore Racing
Old 10-28-2006, 10:37 AM
Registered

I never posted anything negative about the panasonic deal.....as a matter of fact if you read my first post I congratulated SBI 2 times on it. The simple answer I was looking for was is how is SBI going to use this sponsorship to better the sport??? It is a great thing that a large corporate sponsor is willing to put up their money in a sponsorship deal...it can only make things better.....all I wanted to know is does anyuone know what affect it will directly have for the racers if there is one at all......don't spin it any other way. If there will be no changes then just say "no changes" "everything will remain status quo". I was trying to find out if SBI was going to use it to attract new teams and how. Thats it, nothing else. No bashing, just asking. Once again I will make this perfectly clear......CONGRATS to JC and SBI.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Registered

Q-Ball:

I don't read anything angry in Miklos's post. Not everyone sees these things in the same light, and that is fine.

I have raced with Major Sponsorship for many years (RAIN X) (a real deal with real money, not a company owned by a relative) and now I am self-funded. I have an in-depth knowledge of how Motorsports Marketing works, and how it is supposed to work.

Major Sponsors at the Sanctioning Body level absolutely do help the individual Racer who is looking for Sponsor dollars from a credibility standpoint, in a big way. TV is also critical to deliver in-focus exposure, and to develop a marketing ICON for the Sponsor.

Savvy Motorsports Marketers rarely just Sponsor an event unless it is a one-time shot, they always Sponsor at least one team, in addition to an Event, or a Series because they want to develope a "Human ICON property" that is associated with their product so that they can "fully activate" the Sponshorship. This is a very important element to those who understand modern marketing roll-outs related to Motorsports marketing.

I would be very surprised if Panasonic is signing a multi-year deal with SBI and they don't have any plans to at least become Primary or at minimum Associates Sponsors with a couple of (or at least one) top level teams.

Gregg Reichman
Old 10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big time, international name..................very cool.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ScottB
Bottom Line, A big name like Panasonic lends credibility to our sport no mattler what the organization.This can only be viewed as a positive for all of offshore racing. Nice job SBI and I can tell you this; When we are doing our presentation to sponsors, you can bet your a$$ we will be mentioning the fact that Panasonic is involved withh Offshore Racing

Amen Scotty, you hit the nail in the head! enough said.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Panasonic

Q-Ball does have GREAT points! It would be great to get a little back especially the Northern and Western teams that would choose to run down south but this is not the place for that discussion soooooo, CONGRATS BUBBA and SBI/APBA/UIM
Old 11-07-2006, 05:03 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Figures, all the years we ran down South and the year The Boyz decided to bring Offshore Racing back to it's former glory in the Northeast everything starts happening. Well, all I can say is THAT's COOL, CONGRATS and BEST WISHES. How fuc#ing cool is having Panasonic! Sorry for the cursing Bubba.