Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
New Vee Bottom Rules >

New Vee Bottom Rules

Notices

New Vee Bottom Rules

Old 05-08-2007, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am used to that. Lets run SV. I'll let you tech my stuff. I aint scared of the Big Green boat.... I looked at your speeds from Pickwick. We ran the same speeds last year. Of coarse, we were Cheating. Ha Ha....Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 05-08-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

I don't know how to tech but if you want we can switch engines (Like I suggested to Joe and Michael) or just run with Yatchs.
Are you really going down there because I am for sure.
Brett
Old 05-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Registered

Smitty this green boat.
You and Yachts are the only ones not scared then?????
Would be nice to see some more boats!!!!
Attached Thumbnails New Vee Bottom Rules-miccosukke.jpg  
Old 05-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Registered

Expo...

Its pretty simple....we all are running around from 97 to 100 mph with the 1:50 gear....the newer Super Vees are running over 110 mph...with some running as fast as 113+...

Muscle is not running faster then 105 and with 1:35 gears...when he gose to the 1:50 gears he is around 102 or so....

We are trying to keep the speeds at 100 or less...we also have guys in the class that are running open cockpits...so safety is being look at stronger...

Brett
So you, Nigel and a few other can run Super Vee or P1 but again...taking a 110 to 115 mph boat and proping down to run under 100 is just sandbagging....step up and run your boat for the speeds you can run....

and again....the teams that want to run with us have no problem with the 1:50 gears...its the guys who are not racing or have a 110+ mph boat that want to sandbag 10 mph have the problem....

Hell you guys have it made...there is Bret, Smitty, the Frenchman and Nigel...there is 4 SV right there...kep your class going....

Remember Brett....me and you were running deck to deck in your old boat in Ft. Myers...why did you stop racing that boat....it wouldn't be becasue it was not compeditive anymore against Smitty and the new Outerlimites....

Deep pockets will keep you compeditive in Super Vee...
But in the Class we are tallking about a 4 year old Donzi and a new race team with a open cockpit took 2nd in Miami....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-08-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Wahoo,

I'm sure with the OPA and SBI/APBA P2/P3 Class there will be a lot of boats....but for example the 35 Fountain running with the bigger HP fits into the P2 Class...with a mix of other boats..

Vinny...you have a lot of complants about what SBI/APBA is doing...while you should concentrate on OSS and there Class to boat count....
Vin...open your eyes...there is no Super Vee left in SBI/APBA but one boat..there is no Super Vee in OSS but one boat...so the Class Ken talks about is a Super Vee / F2 Class for boats running around 100 mph..if this comes together this will be like the Super Vee Class...that fits over 20 to 25 boats out in the fleet....
You want compitition...you want close racing....you want to get some of the older race boats to come back...well we are doing that....we will all have close to the same HP, weight and lenght boats and gear ratios...and the Super Vees that are runnning 107+ mph can run P1 in SBI/APBA or OPA

So be a part of the sulution...and bring out the Bad Boys Super VEE and run a race or two starting with the Sarasota race...Brett's boat is for sale....there will not be a Super Vee in OSS...so get the Fury guys, Black Perl, and some of the other Super Vees not runnnig this year to try what we are doing....forget about who and what Organization we all run in....lets just try to get the boat count up...and we will all benifit from this sport....
Gino, We have 525's in the 35' SV, no big power, we are good for 104-105 in class 2 which is where we have to be to be competitive. Thats why I think the GPS bracket racing is so popular. To have true parity, you would have to run the same hull against the same hull. That is the demise of the V hulls and the savior of the S-cats. Phantom makes a real fast SVL but in SV they had a tough time keeping up. So pump up the power a bit and the problem is solved. Pump it too much and you get protested or break out. Real simple, no pulling motors, no accusations after a race.You dial it in right and there is some great racing. OPA style!! I think your on the right track, thanks for your positive input.
Louie
PS. A supervee that runs 107 would be creamed in P-1, but prop it to 105 it's golden.

Last edited by louietherigger; 05-08-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Registered

louietherigger,

I thought you guys were running JC engines....thats why I said big power...

with most of us we are only running 100 to 101 on a lake...
in Destin we did not even see 90 even when it was around 2 to 3"s...this is how most of the older SV are runnning...

If your running 104-105 with 1:35 gears..then you would fit right in with the 1:50 gears....even if your running 103 with 1:50's that would still put you in with us....

Black Perl is another boat that fits right in...you see if we all ran together and topped it off at 100..which unless its calm...none of us will even see 100...you will see a lot of deck to deck racing...same HP, same acceleration to a point...you will see this in Sarasota....if you can make the race it woudl be great...I will be in O/C for that race the week before Sarasota...

Another great boat will be the Billy's Wanted SV...he would fit right in...
There are a number of Manufatures boats out there that will fit right into this class...

Phantom
Cig
Bad Boys
Dragon
Donzi
Fountain

with very low cost....we only run 42 miles...so its not so hard on the equipment....

Last edited by MANITIE; 05-08-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
Expo..

Are you even a SBI/APBA member...or a current racer...

Youre negitive comments in this post are not called for or needed...so please if you do not have anything productive maybe stay out of it till you have a boat and a SBI/APBA member...

again....this post is to inform racers with race boats that fit this class....its to get more race boats out...not to hear of your accomplishments with Brett....
Brett has proven he can win with many, many people. Bret is a true competitor - After this Guy was "let go under agreement... yeah, right" I started a dialogue with Brett - he is a great Guy having a great time. He races clean and tries to promote the sport and everyone that has raced with him (after "EXPO) has no axe to grind with anyone that I can see, I had a blast with all of them, except this Guy who clearly needs medication.

The only reason anyone even knows his name is because of Brett's good equipment, and Brett's talent, and Brett giving him an opportunity - somewhere along the way he forgot who was in charge, and who ran the show, and who was to speak when spoken too, so he got slapped down by the Boss who wantas to keep the Sponsors happy - good choice Brett.

I won't be furthering this exchange out of respect to Ken Doyle. The new class will be KILLER. I hope to make the Saraasota Race and if we win or get smoked at least we will have an opportunity for a win, which, I think is the idea behind the class.

Nice work Ken, Gino, and how about David Branch and Special K stepping up - and you know Delaney won't stand for this crap in his backyard - all great competitors.

Gregg Reichman
Old 05-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sorry Ken D, you asked us both to drop the smack talk and it is apparent some people cant read. So this is in response to Mr Bidpro

Bidpro, aka Gregg Reichmann

As you are apparently not as smart as you think you are lets set the story straight.
I raced before I raced with Brett. Brett is a great racer and friend to many and will help whenever and whoever he can.
I raced against Brett before racing with him and was a part of other teams.
Yes Brett gave me a chance to race with him and I di so for somewhere around two seasons. In the time that I raced for Brett I took care of the boat so thank you for the comment "he had great equipment". I dont know how you race but i do beleive that it takes 2 people to race and if it was all Brett ability then it was also mine. Dont get me wrong Brett is a great racer and I have all the respect in the world for him and always will. I also have friends in racing that will gladly speak for my ability to race other than Brett..
Since you seem to know so much about how I was supposedly "smacked down by the boss" why dont you enlighten us.
You on the other hand can't ever seem to take things as smack talk and want to try and make it personal. I have not bad mouthed you in any way, but you seem to want to try and do that to me, but Im the one with the axe to grind? What axe is that? and who am I grinding it against?
Old 05-08-2007, 07:55 PM
VIP Member

I guess you guys are on to something, It's just a shame to loose the SV class. Everytime we test our boat we find more speed. Why not get to work and keep the class. Or limit the class to 1.50 gears. It takes ours down to 100. We worked with Louie for one day, and his boat now out runs ours. I have the Wanted boat at our shop. It will run 105 when it leaves. Motors still sealed. Just setup. It is power to weight. 525 @ 8000 lbs Not arguing with anyone, just thinking out loud. By the way, I have raced side by side with Muscle, it's faster than we are. We smoked them in pickwick. They went home, went to work, came back and kicked our butt. Smitty

Last edited by Wazzup Racing; 05-08-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Expo;2121119]Since you seem to know so much about how I was supposedly "smacked down by the boss" why dont you enlighten us."

Please do not take this personally but....This thread is not about you or Gregg or your Drama! Frankly, it is really water under the bridge...and most of us never saw it go by...no offense but what is needed here are teams that want to embrace an idea, commit to it, make it work and and build the class into something special. While re-aquainting oneself with some old friends and making new ones! And maybe, just maybe, taking home the coveted trophy a time or two.

Again, no offense guys but I really want to hear what racers think about the potential of this new class something I am interested in hearing about and supporting!

Julie
Throttle Up Propellers

Quick Reply: New Vee Bottom Rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.