Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
One of the best race sites ever.... >

One of the best race sites ever....

Notices

One of the best race sites ever....

Old 07-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that the faithful have made our annual pilgrimage back to Sarasota, the Mecca of Offshore Powerboat racing...and renewed our faith that Offshore can be the great sport we know it is, we can go back to racing the rest of the schedule.

Nothing is quite like Sarasota, the people, the parade, the racing, or the experience. While the assembly of the Teams, the camaraderie, and the competition, are at the heart of why we, the Racers, gather at this one place each year, it is the Cause that benefits the most form our attendance. What a great Cause it is.

As we go forward with the remainder of our individual schedules, let's remember the just as every meal can not be the best meal we have ever eaten...not every race or race venue can be the best either. If they were, we would have nothing to call special.

Sarasota is special...we should recognize that and pledge to keep it that way. We will all meet again next year at the 10th Street boat ramp and go out and see who is the best...that day.

Good luck to all the Teams we only see a few times each season. Thank you for joining us. We look forward to seeing you again very soon for another round of Offshore.

Next stop...Dania. If you can make it...you know you will be welcomed. We will be racing again a week from Sunday.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:45 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MANITIE
John H.

Thanks for all you have done for the sport.....things can get frustrating with all that gose on in Offshore.....but yet you have hung in there and invested a lot of your time and a lot of money for this sport and the racers....and never said its not worth it....you have helped the racers and this sport in so many ways from:
Sponsoring teams..
Feeding us...
Working with all Orgs.
TV....(You have taking it to a whole new level)....and so much more we all could go on and on.....and you ask for nothing in return....
Where most people can only work with one or two....you have worked with everyone to take this sport to the next level...

Thanks for everything.....

Jeff...great pic...I will call you tomorrow...

Thanks...
And you are soo sooooo sexy... all the girls will agree.. not to be gay or anything, but you always bring your A game for the fans and the sponsors... Thank you!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 02:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=KenD;2187643]
Nothing is quite like Sarasota, the people, the parade, the racing, or the experience.

Sarasota is special...we should recognize that and pledge to keep it that way. QUOTE]

That parade is incredible... thousands and tens of thousands of fans!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:38 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by John Haggin
Scott,
My Sand Box Buddy,
Beside the Chisled Good Looks....
We can add...
One Shoe Dave Scott to the list!
Never seen an escape hatch blow a man's shoe off!
You never stop impressing me, at the races!
Love,
Haggen
www.missgeicoracing.com

JOHNNY WAS SUPPOSED TO KEEP THAT TSS (Top Secret Stuff)! Actually, with my left shoe removed, it allowed me to practice barefoot skiiing through the hatch opening while heading back to the crane.

Last edited by KiloKat; 07-05-2007 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Actually, with my left shoe removed, it allowed me to practice barefoot skiiing through the hatch opening while heading back to the crane.
LOL