F1 Challenge to Manufactures >

F1 Challenge to Manufactures

Notices

F1 Challenge to Manufactures

Old 11-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 Challenge to Manufactures

I am willing to bring out another F1 boat to keep this class alive if more manufactures are willing. Currently we have (2) F1 boats registered for 2008, (Trent and Al). Let's get some more F1 boats out there for the 2008 season !!! And please NO negative comments or slanderous remarks PLEASE. This is for positive actions to build the F1 class only. Thanks, Dave
Old 11-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wardey,
Serious questions here so please do not take this the wrong way. What is the difference between F1 and Vee Limited? Why not combine these classes? There seems to be such minor difference between them. I like watching the little boats race, Vee lite/limited, the one designs before, and the honda series, but is there really room for multiple small V classes in the US?
Also, wasn't the F1 and F2 classes for manufactures to race each other. Maybe they should let manufactures in other classes (if there are any willing). If they're following the rules it should all be fair. Or maybe there are bigger differences then I realize, but if I cant see it, neither can the average jo fan. Where is Joker, Tuff, Pantera they need to get there boats out there. Win on sunday, sell on monday.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

We have a new hull and deck ready Dave. We'll see how this progresses. If we're in that would be 4 boats , who else?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Registered

I'm in the early stages (dreaming) of an F1 boat. But from what I read and hear, the P classes are more appealing to people because sandbagging is easier. And I don't mean that in a NEGATIVE or SLANDEROUS way. Sandbagging is a reality in many sports.

But do try and keep the class alive a few more years anyway!
Like Sam and Dave said "Hold On, I'm coming."
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Registered

There is a big differance between a F1 boat and a SVL...
about 10 mph more....
With the F1 boats with 525's the highest one could run in race conditions was around 83 but most could only see around 80 to 81.....
The main differance was the X dim. and the aerodynamics of the boat and the ext. box.
also running a open cock pit boats at 83 in a 26 foot boats was more then fast enough...but to have guys running at 90 is just getting unsafe...If SVL open there class to open cockpits boats...I don't think anyone would get into the class....the old F1's are not capable of running those kinds of speeds with that spec engine even with those changes...

Has anybody approch Reggie and asked if he would put up any money for any team with a F1 fountain to come out and run maybe pay the entre fee of any of his fountains...I would call Martin S and see if something like that could be done....

Last edited by MANITIE; 11-19-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MANITIE
There is a big differance between a F1 boat and a SVL...
about 10 mph more....
With the F1 boats with 525's the highest one could run in race conditions was around 83 but most could only see around 80 to 81.....
The main differance was the X dim. and the aerodynamics of the boat and the ext. box.
also running a open cock pit boats at 83 in a 26 foot boats was more then fast enough...but to have guys running at 90 is just getting unsafe...If SVL open there class to open cockpits boats...I don't think anyone would get into the class....the old F1's are not capable of running those kinds of speeds with that spec engine even with those changes...

Has anybody approch Reggie and asked if he would put up any money for any team with a F1 fountain to come out and run maybe pay the entre fee of any of his fountains...I would call Martin S and see if something like that could be done....

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Registered

A bit off subject but if F1 wanted to dabble in the european power to weight ratio deal like they do in several classes I'd be game. It's just a heavy tank of an open phantom and a 525 would make it perfect.....for wakeboarding!

Like I said, I know old school F1 guys like the 525 spec engine but if you get creative and use the euro hp vs lb (or is that Nm vs kilo) then that might open the series up.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wardey
I am willing to bring out another F1 boat to keep this class alive
Dave,

I love ya like a brother and you know that, but I say this with all due respect. The above statement I have heard over and over again that if everyone actualy followed thru we would have 13 boats registered in F1 at the moment. I hear about how great F1 was and I was apart of it(in limited roles) from 01 thru 03 on both sides of the fence and it was great. There have been several attempts to revive it by 2 parties and they failed.

I have been approached in Key West and since by a couple of teams to step up and be the class rep and give it my try to rebuild the class. I will say this: I want to follow the business model of the Offshore Pro Series(ie not an organization but a group of fellow racers that want to race where they want, when they want) and race approx 10 races nationwide. Too many teams, for whatever reason, refuse to run in SBI/APBA so lets bring it to them. I am open to allowing any and all engine manufacturers, but keep the same weight and horsepower and motors have to be sealed. We have to keep affordability and safety in mind. Now keep in mind these are only my proposals and not my way or the highway, but there are already rules in place for the class in SBI/APBA(we should take them and expand, not re-invent the wheel) and look at the demise in 03-04 of the class, too many changes that cost a lot of money.

I am giving it to Christmas to have physical boats either show up or I am going to slow my boat down grab a pillow, get my reading glasses on(in order to stare @ the GPS) and go into P5. Until then we can just talk and promise till we're blue in the face. It just creates more in the saga we love to call "As the Prop Turns"

And by all means, I dont have to be class rep, if you can do a better job by all means do it and you will have my full support. I love this class and yes I do have aspirations of moving up, but I have some unfinished business in F1 before I do, I would like to be able to honorably wear the F1-1 number on my boat and carry it with pride. Until then I will will carry on as F1-2.

If there are any questions please feel free to call me at any time @ 321-508-3077.

Trent
F1-2 AMF Offshore Racing
The last F1 National and World Champ ( I hope this isnt true)
Old 11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
A bit off subject but if F1 wanted to dabble in the european power to weight ratio deal like they do in several classes I'd be game. It's just a heavy tank of an open phantom and a 525 would make it perfect.....for wakeboarding!

Like I said, I know old school F1 guys like the 525 spec engine but if you get creative and use the euro hp vs lb (or is that Nm vs kilo) then that might open the series up.
I concur with a horsepower to weight ratio. Some of the P class boats "abuse" the horsepower to weight ratio and for whatever reason F1 just doesn't seem to be coming back around. My boat is entirely too heavy to be competitive with a 525, but give me an equalvalent horsepower to weight ratio with other boats and I'm in (granted when I return to the States summer 2009). Plus, I've already got manufacturer backing.

Sean

Team Gallagher Offshore Racing
www.tgor.net

Last edited by TGOR; 11-19-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

Good stuff guys...

Quick Reply: F1 Challenge to Manufactures

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.