43.14%
Aqua- Mania
13.73%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Battle of the Keys

Old 10-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Key West is going to be awesome! Can't wait for the competition.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Registered

unlimited is unlimited....whatever you want!
engine or turbine...
you can have a JATO for all we care!
run 4 engines if you think you need it...

if a 4 engine boat won all the time it would have been another class...when GEICO wins,,,they were racing alone...when they don't win,,,they got beat.

this is just my personal .02
Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

oh man, just had a disturbingly morbid visual, the new cat killer, 47 canopy light carbon layup with tripple T55's, surface drives wiping out at 210......
Old 10-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
oh man, just had a disturbingly morbid visual, the new cat killer, 47 canopy light carbon layup with tripple T55's, surface drives wiping out at 210......
you really are a sick bstd aren't you
Old 10-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Registered

a cat would have to use 4 engines, not 3...and while dreaming; dream big...make it 70 feet long too.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by audacity
I know...I was messing too.

The excitement builds each day for us. So much to do. So little time. And so much win or loose: equipment...reputations...lives...we know it. But, what separates this class from any other in history is...the fans know it! This is what is going to propel the unlimited offshore class to the next level in motorsports!
I know...I was picking on you, buddy....

Yes, I am sure that you have something planned for 2009!

Chris
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Registered

I know...I was messing too.

The excitement builds each day for us. So much to do. So little time. And so much win or loose: equipment...reputations...lives...we know it. But, what separates this class from any other in history is...the fans know it! This is what is going to propel the unlimited offshore class to the next level in motorsports!
No offense,but the best big boat racing took place in the original Super Cat class.There was as many as 17 great teams resulting in very competitive racing throughout the pack.You guys can relate to this having raced in Factory 2.I think moving forward,the sport needs to get back to one featured cat class and one featured vee class.Under the current class structure; the top boats and crews are spread out among too many classes.

Last edited by 1waterboy1; 10-07-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Registered

none taken...

i do agree with some of your post.

this is what the turbine is doing...true unlimited! back in the day it didn't matter what you ran... 4 engine cats...3 engine V's...diesels, turbos, alcohol...whatever. it's hard to complain about rules when there are none.

ps...out of 17 super cats how many were really in it? how many winners were there for the season?...it's on one hand.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered

none taken...

i do agree with some of your post.

this is what the turbine is doing...true unlimited! back in the day it didn't matter what you ran... 4 engine cats...3 engine V's...diesels, turbos, alcohol...whatever. it's hard to complain about rules when there are none.

ps...out of 17 super cats how many were really in it? how many winners were there for the season?...it's on one hand.
OK..I actually agree with some your post as well.I also think Superboat Unlimited should be unlimited...piston or turbine;creating two unlimited classes for just a few boats does not make sense.
I also think there should be one Superboat(Super Cat)class...the 850/750 thing needs to be resolved.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Registered

There you have it!...Now we totally agree.

Quick Reply: Battle of the Keys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.