Panama City Beach Feedback

Notices

Panama City Beach Feedback

Old 10-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panama City Beach Feedback

I'm looking for some feedback and suggestions from those who attended the Nationals here in PCB. Believe it or not, we have a meeting scheduled next week to begin planning for next years event!! Aside from the two obvious issues, the sand pit in front of the cranes and the dry pit parking - - both of which I personally guarantee will be fixed for next year - - - what can we do to make it even better? The city wants to know what extra can be done to get people to bring their families - - so what would it take to do that?? How were the rooms, the room rates, the team parties, etc.?? Do you want to do a boat parade? As for the distance to the course, I'll try to find a launch site a little closer but doubt I can save more than 2 to 3 miles. The course itself is located to accomodate the two major sponsors: Sharkys/Origins and Pier Park. Let me know your thoughts guys. You can post here, pm me, e mail, whatever. I want to thank everyone who came to the race and hope all had a good time.
See ya'll in Key West!!

Alan
Old 10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alan.......
Printed maps to hand out wherever the cranes are.
Host hotel was great.
Dry pits in a great shopping area was my favorite thing.
PD
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Alen, I dont post in this section often but do read it. I just want to say I find it refreshing to see a race promoter asking the teams what they thought of the race site. Its that kind of feedback to the race teams that make a difference. It makes them feel they are important and you do care about improving your product. Keep up the good work.
MD
Old 10-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new dry pit was great Alan the city did a great job. The wet pit marina was very nice, alittle far from the course but other then that it was beautiful.
I can see that they city is working hard to make it one on the premier race site in years to come, and getting bigger and bigger every year.
Thanks for all your help and hard work...
Old 10-10-2008, 01:57 PM
Registered

Alan, thank you for wanting our feed back. Panama was beautiful and i look forward to coming back next year. the only thing i could suggest would be more advertisement of the race. alot of the town folk didn't even know there was a race going on and those that did heard it from word of mouth. i would think that even flyers posted in the shops at pier park would drum up more spectors for the whole event. thanks for all of your hard work and we'll see you in key west.
boatbaby
davis motorsports offshore racing
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Try to get "Show up Money" so more boats will come.

Mike
Old 10-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered

Mike ,
Thanks I'm sure they will take your suggestion and think about it very seriously. (Not)
How much money would it take for you to bring your race boat out and run Panama :)
You crack me up Mike I dont know what we would do without guys like you with such great idea's... Damn Alan we should of thought about that one.

Frank
Old 10-11-2008, 08:54 AM
TeamTaboo
VIP Member

Alan even with all the parking problems it was a great event. Now did you get the plants replaced that we ran over getting into and out of our parking place.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

As always we enjoyed the hospitality and interest of the Gulf Coast residents. The set up was great and fan friendly. The 30 extra miles to get to and from the wet pits shortened our race, so any help there would be appreciated. We will be there next time.
SQ
Orders for 08' DVC hulls now being taken.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Alan,

It was great meeting you guys! I thought the race turned out well. I really enjoyed the pits at pier park. The crane location was good too. It was nice to have all the boats in the water at the same time in the marina. I think a little radio, or newspaper add a few weeks earlier would bring a lot more folks. I got TONS of calls and people off the street asking when, and where it was. The interest was there. I hope everybody enjoyed my hometown as much as I enjoyed having everyone here!

Adam
WHM motorsports

Quick Reply: Panama City Beach Feedback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.