New Race on the Schedule for 2009

Notices

New Race on the Schedule for 2009

Old 12-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Race on the Schedule for 2009

MICHIGAN CITY, INDIANA RACE

Key West, Fl - 12/4/2008 The LaPorte County Convention and Visitors Bureau announced this week that it has been awarded a sanctioned race date on the 2009 Super Boat International National racing schedule. Super Boat International President, John Carbonell awarded the LPCCVB the race date of Aug. 7-9, 2009.
The event will be held in Washington Park on the southern shore of Lake Michigan and will feature many of the world’s fastest, most powerful offshore powerboats racing along a six mile course in front of thousands of fans along Washington Park Beach. “Michigan City has the main ingredients for a Super Boat International race, with this people friendly race course and pit location, spectators can line the beach and have an awesome view. I am looking forward to working with LaPorte County Convention and Visitors Bureau on this outstanding event”, Carbonell said.

Super Boat International currently runs the majority of their races in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico in Florida. The race in Michigan City, Indiana now joins the other northern races of North Carolina and New York City on the Hudson River. The Michigan City race is the only SBI race on the Great Lakes.

Along with the excitement of the races, the weekend will include the opportunity to get up close and personal with the massive boats and their drivers and teams during a public boat parade and public block party.
The CVB also is planning a classic car show and live music featuring local bands as part of the festivities.

Jason Miller, Sports Development Manager with the CVB, said this week the race promises to be a boon for Michigan City, LaPorte County, Super Boat International and teams and sponsors.

“We couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity,” Miller said. “We want to thank Super Boat International for giving us this wonderful opportunity and we look forward to creating not only an economic driver in LaPorte County, but an event the area can be proud of for years to come.”
For further information contact John Carbonell at (305) 296-6166 or by email at [email protected] updates will be posted on this web site in January.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad to hear there having a race there and I'm already planning on going and watching. My wife even said something about towing our 275 Baja and watching from the lake which would be cool but our kids 8 & 5 I think would rather be on the beach so they can watch.

Please keep this race updated as to where the wet and dry pits will be. I hope this will be just a start to more races around there.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Registered

thanks frank as allways u are on top of every thing . robbie

Last edited by fountain1fan; 12-06-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

More information will be out soon,and a few other site are being looked at. As soon as a sign contact is in hand SBI will do a press release.

Frank
Old 12-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Registered

Scott,

Robbie with a few beers.... = Tobbie
Old 12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Racer
Racer

How about some of you guys spend 3 weeks of racing in Michigan?

Harrison Twp Race 7/24-26
St Clair 8/1-2
Mi City (In) 8/8-9

We even have a Charity Poker Run scheduled for 7/29 PLUS You can leave you boats with us in safe and secure storage for FREE! Spend the Summer in Michigan!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:25 AM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV

St Clair 8/1-2
Mi City (In) 8/8-9

We even have a Charity Poker Run scheduled for 7/29 PLUS You can leave you boats with us in safe and secure storage for FREE! Spend the Summer in Michigan!
I agree with this plan!

Chris
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV

St Clair 8/1-2
Mi City (In) 8/8-9

Thats a pretty sweet deal for all you SBI racers.

Haul Up - (Get Free Storage)
Race Harrison one week. (Get Paid CASH $$)
Race St Clair The Next week (Get Paid CASH $$)
Race Mich City, IN. (Only 4. Hrs from Harrison/St Clair)

With OPA reg. fees and no race entry fee's if you guys place in the top 3 you could may a couple bucks (But I cant really see any SBI boats beating the OPA Boyz, but you can try).
Old 12-05-2008, 12:57 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

are the opa guys going to race in michigan city?
Old 12-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Racer
Racer

I would like to but to be honest it will depend on cash flow, if the boat is running and turnout potential.

I would sure like to run against Muscle and Miccosukee.

Quick Reply: New Race on the Schedule for 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.