JBS masters of invivibility

Notices

JBS masters of invivibility

Old 12-09-2008, 04:52 PM
JBS
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd place

I know some of you think it hurts me to rub 2nd place in my face-you are wrong.Just getting the boat finnished was a huge victory for me.
In Loto it was our first race with no seat time-2nd place was expected against the best in the world and only a few seconds behind.
Key west race 1-we won!
Key west race 2-we got 2nd with 1 trim pump working
Key west race 3-we got 2nd with minnimal power and the bottom falling off the boat and still only a few seconds behind.Also won the top gun award.
Its a great story of overcoming adversity.Im very proud of what we accomplished.Its the kind of stuff that would make a great story.So even though we didnt win a world championship this year-we won everything in my eyes.I endured more delays,set backs,and extra expense than most people could possibly tolerate.Im very level headed,patient,and probably the least egotistical person you would ever meet.I put all my effort and money toward Racing and risked my life to put on a show.So sorry for being a bit upset that we were never mentioned-I just expected a bit more out of "the most anticipated race ever".I do hope to race-Im just not sure if I can-its fustrating
Old 12-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Registered

Bottom Failure?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Who ever said it was the most anticipated race ever? How much press did Aqua Mania get? I thought you got a ton of exposure at the race and yes you put on a heck of a display and race. You want exposure you got it, 700 views on this thread in 2 days. I think your class would get much more exposure if you had a 5-10 boat fleet. Thats going to take a while if team threaten to quit if they dont get press. This whole thread is disturbing to me.
MD
Old 12-09-2008, 06:53 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Jbs

Its no wonder things are so screwed up.I never threatened to quit,Im just dissapointed that we didnt get mentioned.I didnt know the top gun was the loser award.And yes-I might not be able to race because of the financial crisis we are in.I roled the dice and gambled on being able to get some exposure to appeal to a sponsor.So from now on-Please dont make some brainless reply-any kind of advice would be way more helpful
Old 12-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Registered

Jeff, you and your JBS racing team, along with teams such as:Ms. Geico racing, Aqua-mania, Dave Scott (Bud Lite), team CRC,etc.,etc. have invested a lot of your own money, not only for your own enjoyment of racing, but also to put on a show for people such as myself, a devote offshore racing fan. For that, all of you, along with everyone who races, are to be commended, not criticized!! Every time, one of you goes out on the race course, you are risking your life, not only for your own adrenalin high,but also for our entertainment. All of you deserve far more recognition than you receive. Unfortunately,today's media seems to only recognize Nascar and Formula racing (fans of these don't get mad I like all types of racing). Fact is fact, the amount of money, pumped into these two forms of racing, by sponsorship dollars, gets the press. Jeff, I know it's frustrating, but please don't give up so quick, from what I've seen and read on the internet, you have an awesome boat and support equipment, besides I haven't seen you race yet. Patience, the recognition you deserve will come! Good luck to ALL RACERS in 2009, and Thank You for doing what you do!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Jbs

Yes-thank you.My only intention with this is to find a way to make it better for eveyone.I dont think accurate journalism should be out of the question.Im not sure how everyone expects racing to magicaly get better by itself without mentioning or fixing what they dont like about it.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jeff.... You might want to think about hiring somebody to do your press for you or maybe you might want to type what your really trying to say....

Originally Posted by JBS
Its no wonder things are so screwed up.I never threatened to quit,Im just dissapointed that we didnt get mentioned.

This would be where we got the idea you were threatening to quit .... from you .....

Originally Posted by JBS
I cant see going on with this just for the love of it.Its not worth it........
As for JBS racing-Im not sure whats going to happen-I might just do poker runs-I know they get excellent exposure.

That sounds like your thinking about not racing and doing poker runs instead ...

Originally Posted by JBS
My only intention with this is to find a way to make it better for eveyone.I dont think accurate journalism should be out of the question.Im not sure how everyone expects racing to magicaly get better by itself without mentioning or fixing what they dont like about it.

If you really wanted to know what could be done to get more press for all teams, then that might have been a good way to start this thread.... asking that question ..... just a thought .....

Last edited by Racegirl3; 12-09-2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh and Im available for hire
Old 12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jeff,
Hang in there I think you can help the sport more than you think

I have some knowledge in this area and would love to share some ideas with you

Ask Joe S about me. he knows a small part of my backround

email me a phone number I would love to chat more with you about some things
[email protected]
Old 12-09-2008, 07:46 PM
JBS
Registered

Default Jbs

you are right-I did it the wrong way-I was upset(still am)with how the races are reported.I also had no Idea that you had to have someone do it all for you-I thought the magazines and newspapers did it themselves.Im going to do what I feel will get JBS the best exposure-right now race coverage sucks and poker run coverage is great.

Quick Reply: JBS masters of invivibility

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.