Old 03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P-5 sbi

P-5 racers breakout speed 75 need info
Old 03-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What kind of info is needed? Go 4 it, you just saved me over 600 for a new prop to get down to 72. Tired of pushing it against F-2 's and SVL's so plan on running the little boat in 5 this year. If you need anything from this end Steve you can call me @ 321-508-3077

Trent
Old 03-20-2009, 05:50 AM
Registered

Has there been any thought about aligning all of the rules in Classes 1 through 5 with OPA?Maybe SBI could even offer Class 6...it is growing in OPA.This would definately help the Worlds ;and promote cross racing with some teams from both organizations.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 AM
Registered

Mark,

Make you a trade, I will submit to the office about aligning speeds, you submit to your powers that be to change your GPS system to a "marine" system that is more than half the price less than your "truckers" GPS system. I spent 179 for a brand new SBI system and when I bought the OPA system it costs over 500. The one I purchased is the new system that is used(wireless/never comes out of the boat) not like the system you and Eddie loaned me a few years ago for Chat and I look at it sitting in the box and honestly laugh at it. At least with the Garmin I can e-bay it later or use it for personal use, the OPA deal is sitting in the corner totally useless. Another benefit is that when OPA racers come to Key West, they dont have to make an additional purchase to compete.

I am not being snide, but we all know SBI is far from perfect and sorry to burst some bubbles, neither is OPA. The great thing about both is that the racers and powers that be are trying to make it better all the time.

Let me know what I can do,

trent
Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trent,

one of the reasons we use the "trucker system" is that it was intended to be blind. We don't want people racing with two eyes on the gps and none ahead.

There are also other reasons but that is one of the primary ones.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Racer
Racer

Most ever OPA team has a GPS Speedo and a "extra handheld" unit, so no one is racing "blind".

I agree with Trent, I would like a GPS that I would be able to sell or bolt into my weekend boat. my gray box now is a $500 sale proof item.

Unless there is another reason I dont know about as to why we run them..
Old 03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
VIP Member

The garmin system is TOO easy to fool.

The problem Trent with the garmin, as in Chattanooga, you could see in the beginning of the race that you had broke out. So you went ahead and stole the checkered flag from the real winner. Our system avoids all of that.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Racer
Racer

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing

The problem Trent with the garmin, as in Chattanooga, you could see in the beginning of the race that you had broke out. So you went ahead and stole the checkered flag from the real winner. Our system avoids all of that.
Interesting, I never thought of it that way.
Old 03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wazzup Racing

Smitty,

I say this as respectable as possible. I begged and pleaded with you to move me up to Class 4. I told you and every Class 5 racer that i would break out. Furthermore as you can see by the F1 records @ www.starsrescue.com , my boat averaged over 78 mph for a lap and did 86(88-89 in testing) in the straights, yet I wasnt allowed to move up. I didnt steal anything, Brad Harrington was deemed the winner and he has the checkered flag safely with him in Kansas. I did have it after the race and it was acknowledged b4 I even touched the flag that I had broken out with race officials. I was still told to take the flag.

How do you explain the Class 6 winner that halfway thru the race lost their GPS attenna in their prop? If you dont get a reading for several laps you can still win? Oh wait, they came in borrowed another antenna from Eddie Simmons who ran over to my boat and took it off to give to this particular team and they went out and ran Class 3, then turned in their readings from that race and won class 6. I was amazed to say the least and my heart goes out to Tyler that he should have been the winner.

I mearly made a proposal to Mark, then you come on here and say I stole something. I am a lot of low down things, but I am not a thief. You dont like me and I dont like you, but the one thing I respected about you in Chat was that we both agreed to put the past behind us and move forward to better offshore. I guess I was wrong.

Best of luck to you this season!

Trent Weyant
Old 03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Registered

Why the delete Mark? Did you get the phone call that I have been banned from OPA and to rescind your invitation to me? Dont worry, your still a class act and a benefit to all of offshore. I also wish you the best this season and will probally run into you at Chat again this year, wont be racing this time, I have a feeling that a 35 canopy wont be allowed to run in Class 4 either. I wouldnt even dream of running the 29 up there in OC or Pt well bluntly, I have better things to do with my money than repair the boat from that beating.

Maybe you can convince Eddie to buy a Garmin and race Key West with us.

Trent

Quick Reply: P-5 sbi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.