Notices

JBS in Miami

Old 04-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
We r members of Tow Boay US, and get towing free. Something like the boat sinking might be different but i dont know that for sure. I would think it would be worth looking into a membership and finding out just what u get.
racing would be an automatic exclusion from any coverage you thought you had
Old 04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Registered

and why is a race boat capable of going 200+ designed in such a way that a hull breach would allow water intrusion into the cockpit??? they should be sitting in a thick CF tub designed to prevent water and or shrapnel intrusion in even the most catastrophic failure/crash. what good is a solid strong canopy roof if the bottom of the people compartment is swiss cheese.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikebrls
isn't this a semi new hull , i wonder if it was just's built to light and week to handle the power just for a few extra mph ?
This hull was built with a different bulkhead layout than any other Mystic to save money and weight. Cosker told me last year that he would't build anymore like it again.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that you will see Jeff build a brand new hull and turn that one in to a poker run boat,the race version has alot more bulkheads and structure in the sponsons and that hull from what I understand was laid up as a poker run boat.It sucks however you look at it to see someones investment go down like that but when you arte racing it can happen to anyone at any time.Jeff good luck.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KiloKat
This hull was built with a different bulkhead layout than any other Mystic to save money and weight. Cosker told me last year that he would't build anymore like it again.
At what expense?? my interest in this is that doing medical at some races, I can fix a lot of things...but I can not fix dead.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old Bacardi 46 Skater now Aqua Mania tops my list in hardcore lay up. Second would be, Drambuie, Whm, Alcone, Sloppy Joes, Jaws, Snack Attack etc. All 46 Sakters !
Old 04-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Mr Scott The Skater Bros are dissapointed that ya no longer run a

Here is your comment on a other post on Best Rough water Boats.

I think the 50' Mystic would be a contender for sure. I know a 46' Skater handles the rough quite well and the Mystic will stroll right past a 46.

Never the less JBS Will be back!

Good Luck my fellow Turbinators!
Old 04-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAMIBOYZ
The old Bacardi 46 Skater now Aqua Mania tops my list in hardcore lay up. Second would be, Drambuie, Whm, Alcone, Sloppy Joes, Jaws, Snack Attack etc. All 46 Sakters !
F@ckin aye!
Old 04-20-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
racing would be an automatic exclusion from any coverage you thought you had
nope unfortunatly had to be towed once in the fountain and several times up in OPA in a Pantera(03), handed them the card and got the tows all for 130.00 a year. I dont leave home without it, like Frank said, and havent had my boat under so I will give them a call and verify what would happen in that scenario
Old 04-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered

hmmmm...I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time...) but I thought I remembered with the last fiasco, that they were selling memberships to the racers, while in the fine print, racing was an exclusion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.