Notices

JBS in Miami

Old 04-20-2009, 05:28 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesn't one of the teams have a tow/rescue boat with big pumps?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time to call Bruce http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26613-en.html
Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
nope unfortunatly had to be towed once in the fountain and several times up in OPA in a Pantera(03), handed them the card and got the tows all for 130.00 a year. I dont leave home without it, like Frank said, and havent had my boat under so I will give them a call and verify what would happen in that scenario

Some of us have had experiences with towing that mirror JBS's ....

Last edited by Racegirl3; 04-20-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Some of us have had experiences with towing that mirror JBS's ....
my tows have been when my boat was upright and/or not under water(all drive situations). Also we have to keep in mind that each seatow and towboat us are franchises and yes they have a parent company maybe different rules and regs in each one. All Comfort Inns are franchises and their rates and rules vary from location to location.

I will look thru my towboat US paperwork later on and see if there is any fine print concerning racing and I will call corporate tomorrow to get a clarification or answers if I cant find anything concerning racing
Old 04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
nope unfortunatly had to be towed once in the fountain and several times up in OPA in a Pantera(03), handed them the card and got the tows all for 130.00 a year. I dont leave home without it, like Frank said, and havent had my boat under so I will give them a call and verify what would happen in that scenario
keep in mind you are referring to a tow. If they have the ability to classify it as a salvage its no longer covered under that $130. Be careful with these situations and before they ever hook on make sure you are in agreement as to what is being done.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 04-20-2009, 06:53 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by glassdave
keep in mind you are referring to a tow. If they have the ability to classify it as a salvage its no longer covered under that $130. Be careful with these situations and before they ever hook on make sure you are in agreement as to what is being done.
exactly. once they have to do more than throw you a line or if your boat is in danger, it is no longer a tow.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Point taken, I'm just glad the boat didnt have to wait until 9pm to get taken out, it was done as soon as it got back to the crane.

I'm still gonna follow up and inquire, now I'm curious as to the technical rules of a race boat vs pleasure boat in the case of a flip or sink
Old 04-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Registered

Exactly Dave,

to all odf the rest of the non believers..................

Tows are covered under your membership, salvage is NOT, same scenario as if I were out pleasure boating in the bay on my Pantera on any given sunday, and my boat came apart, I am at their mercy under a salvage situation. I am in no way sticking up for them, but when in a salvage situation, whether racing or pleasure, you are at their mercy, you can deny them salvage rights, but then it is up to you to figure it out, and what if nobody helps, or if you really sink, and you have the EPA on your azz?? How many gallons of Jet-A were on board??? In the other situation, I believe the occupants were taken away for medical reasons(flip), and they were not around to deny salvage. This all sucks, but it is a part of boating, racing or not, dont make me dig up the threads.

Boat US towing is priceless, any salvage situation sucks, Just ask anyone who has been thru it.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
hmmmm...I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time...) but I thought I remembered with the last fiasco, that they were selling memberships to the racers, while in the fine print, racing was an exclusion
That was Seatow, not BoatUS. I dont believe racing was an exclusion, but salvage is an exclusion on ALL towing policies.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by packinair
doesn't one of the teams have a tow/rescue boat with big pumps?

YES,

but they were not there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.