Notices

JBS in Miami

Old 04-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Point taken, I'm just glad the boat didnt have to wait until 9pm to get taken out, it was done as soon as it got back to the crane.
Just a note of info from our dept...........
That would not happen.
When a boat is being towed in and taking on water, the cranes are notified IMMEDIATELY and they are prepared to hold off anyone else when that boat is approaching. This was done yesterday from the moment they were tied up to the tow boat. It should also be mentioned that the help from Aqua Mania and Simmons helped this process from Simmons taking their straps out to them so they would be ready for the crane, to the help AquaMania, the Coast Guard, and others gave at the cranes. Our crew had their hands full and it was a large community effort. It was much more than a tow.
Thanks to everyone involved.
just my .02 PD

Last edited by Pat D; 04-20-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Pat D
That would not happen.
When a boat is being towed in and taking on water, the cranes are notified IMMEDIATELY and they are prepared to hold off anyone else when that boat is approaching. This was done yesterday from the moment they were tied up to the tow boat. It should also be mentioned that the help from Aqua Mania and Simmons helped this process from Simmons taking their straps out to them so they would be ready for the crane, to the help AquaMania, the Coast Guard, and others gave at the cranes. Our crew had their hands full and it was a large community effort. It was much more than a tow.
just my .02 PD
I agree with this. That is what it called TEAMWORK. Teams tend to help each other when it comes to an emergency such as JBS as it needed to get the boat out of water in order to get the water out of the boat before damage got worsened. I applaused to Simmons Racing and Aqua Mania for their time do for the community.

Chris
Old 04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Registered

Tow Boat US / Sea Tow both are FN vultures waiting for someone to screw.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pat D
That would not happen.
just my .02 PD
still 9k to be towed to the crane!!! and SBI wonders why they only get 9 boats at a show!!!
Old 04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

it wasn't teamwork that was being refered to as a haulout delay, it was seatow playing hide and seak....
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
it wasn't teamwork that was being refered to as a haulout delay, it was seatow playing hide and seak....
I hope you are referring to last years sunny isles issue, JBS was on the trailer by 4 PM. Also, it was not just a tow, Towboat US had a pump running for at least an hour in the boat at the dock, not sure what else they had to do to get it to the dock, still doesnt warrant $9000 but it wasnt just throwing them a line, and towing them a few miles to the dock.

Last edited by rchevelle71; 04-21-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
still 9k to be towed to the crane!!! and SBI wonders why they only get 9 boats at a show!!!

Has nothing to do with SBI, also happened to OSS at sunny isles last year, and I believe that bill was even bigger than this bill. Lets say your pleasure boat had that kind of damage and was sinking off the beach in Miami, do you not think they are going to charge the same $9000????
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MCRacing
Tow Boat US / Sea Tow both are FN vultures waiting for someone to screw.
Yes they are, but what is our alternative?? My alternative is to not go out alone, I occasionally will run the ICW alone, but when I am in unfamiliar areas, or rough waters, I run with friends alongside in another boat, I realize this cant always be done, but it is a good feeling knowing that someone is there if anything happens, and also you being there for them. Hilarious to see Seatow/Boat US just sitting waiting outside the Hillsboro inlet waiting for someone to ground
Old 04-21-2009, 08:04 AM
Registered

this is a regular occurance at races. we hear the same stories over and over.

unfortunately, maritime law, (ancient) states that if a vessel is in danger of sinking, danger to navigation, and / or enviroment, they can charge what ever they feel appropriate as a percentage of the estimated value of the vessel.

JBS got off easy in my opinion.

We think that we are covered, when we buy unlimited towing coverage, but we are not covered when we are sinking or upside down.

Last year Team Shocker / Lamborghini of Miami had a major battle with Sea Tow after flipping in Sunny Isles. In the end, they paid the $8,000 to get their boat back from Sea Tow and subsequently sued. I do not know the outcome.

Jo from Pantera was a victim of pirates in KW a few years back. Shane Barret was a victim in Point Pleasant in 2002 when he flipped his 26 Scarab. They charged him close to 4,000 to tow him back upside down. Im sure many others fell victim as well.

So what can we do to prevent this overzelous billing from towing companies?
Old 04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BRUCE SEROFF
this is a regular occurance at races. we hear the same stories over and over.

unfortunately, maritime law, (ancient) states that if a vessel is in danger of sinking, danger to navigation, and / or enviroment, they can charge what ever they feel appropriate as a percentage of the estimated value of the vessel.

JBS got off easy in my opinion.

We think that we are covered, when we buy unlimited towing coverage, but we are not covered when we are sinking or upside down.

Last year Team Shocker / Lamborghini of Miami had a major battle with Sea Tow after flipping in Sunny Isles. In the end, they paid the $8,000 to get their boat back from Sea Tow and subsequently sued. I do not know the outcome.

Jo from Pantera was a victim of pirates in KW a few years back. Shane Barret was a victim in Point Pleasant in 2002 when he flipped his 26 Scarab. They charged him close to 4,000 to tow him back upside down. Im sure many others fell victim as well.

So what can we do to prevent this overzelous billing from towing companies?
Is there anyway that the race organizer can just contract a company for the day for a flat fee? Then there would be no nonsense?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.