Notices

Super Boat International Adds Cocoa Beach to 2010 Race Schedule

Old 05-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Boat International Adds Cocoa Beach to 2010 Race Schedule

Port Canaveral Set for Launch of New Powerboat Event

Key West, (May 12, 2010) – Super Boat International (SBI) is excited to announce the addition of the 1st Annual Thunder on the Beach, Space Coast Super Boat Grand Prix race to be held August 20th - 22nd at Cocoa Beach, Florida. The Space Coast beaches have not seen a powerboat race since the early 1990’s when Super Boat founder, John Carbonell, was directing races near Port Canaveral.

Bringing offshore Super Boat racing back to the Space Coast area could not have come at a better time, as NASA and the space program anticipate a major scaling back of the shuttle program. Executive producer of the Thunder on the Beach race event, Kerry Bartlett, comments “this is the kind of event needed in the area to encourage economic activity. Super Boat racing is the kind of event that will draw crowds and help make a positive economic impact on the area. When Space Coast Grand Prix founder, Josh Blakely and I approached Super Boat about holding a race here, they were very receptive and worked to make the race happen this year. We are just a few months away from the August event and we look forward to a great turnout.”

Cocoa Beach is one of the best cities to put on a race given that the dry pit area is very conducive to holding large events. “Having a place to park boats, crane right into the water, with hotels and restaurants all in one compact area, is great,” comments Carbonell. “Port Canaveral is a very large working port and all the people are very excited about a Super Boat race this August. We worked hard to get the race in this year with all the necessary permitting and requirements. The future 2011 and 2012 races are scheduled to take place in the month of May.”

Super Boat is the premier sanctioning body of offshore powerboat racing. The August addition to the 2010 racing schedule makes a total of 9 National Series point races and then the final event, The Key West World Championships. These ten scheduled events for the 2010 racing season enables Super Boat International to claim the largest and the best schedule of offshore Super Boat racing around the world.

About Super Boat International
Super Boat International (SBI) is the longest running professional offshore racing organization in North America. SBI President and Founder, John Carbonell produces races, kilo speed events and distance attempts all across the United States. In 2010, Super Boat International recognizes the 30th running of the famed Key West World Championships and their 20th anniversary as Super Boat International Productions.
###
Old 06-03-2010, 02:33 PM
Registered

Not sure who to get in touch with, but I was involved in with coordinating the rescue dive boats back in 1992 with the Rescue divers of the local police departments. I'm a Staff officer with the local Coast Guard Auxilary and would like to help out with this event. I can likely get quite a few patrol boats and volunteers to man them. Let me know if I can help.

Eric Starmer
[email protected]
Old 06-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call the SBI office and speak to John ...302 296-6166
Old 06-07-2010, 10:47 AM
Registered

Thanks, Will do.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered