Check the SBI website......

Notices

Check the SBI website......

Old 01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Bluntly I see that you would have 2 choices..... P2 @105 or in the spectator fleet.

Rick, not defending JC by any means(he wears big boy pants and can defend himself) but he wakes up every morning with tough decisions to make. The restructure of speeds was done from numerous complaints from the SBI racers and in hopes of putting quality racing on the race course and making his product better. OK so it made my new boat obsolete and converts my old boat from being a planter into being a competitive race boat again.(its a shame that I contractually cant race it) What we as racers must realize is that the rules can not be made for each individual team.

I mean look at the P3 lineup now:
1) Absolutely Not
2) National Guard
3) Time Bandit
4) Pump It
5) Team Kilt

When has there been a 5 boat class in all of offshore with the exception of Class 5 up north? The top 3 on that list proved in Key West they can run 95 so I fully understand why JC raised it to 95. I mean it is tough as hell to slow down a boat..... So the class lost Simmons and myself, well Simmons has been talking retirement or getting a lid and so bottom line they lost our Formula. hmmm 5 gained against 1 loss, smart business decision on JC's part if you ask me

Rick if you are seriously asking where your boat would fit, send JC the registration monies and propose a vote before season starts....

Would a SVL be able to stay in 4?
Old 01-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it is a good move to reduce the classes. Now if you can combine all the "spec" classes.
Old 01-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Registered

Your not going crazy.... When we received the email for the 2011 rules directly from SBI, it showed P3 as 90. I guess there was a re-vote or something, who knows. No biggie. It is what it is....

The original plan was to go to Cocoa and see how the boat handled 90(even find out if I can get it that fast) and play it by ear from there, but at 95???????? I have meetings at the Miami boat show and we'll go from there with something more definitive

Like I said no big deal, I am sure there are reasons for this change and I only wish JC and the whole SBI organization the best!!!!
I thought it did, but were trying to make Cocoa too. I just started my job up here in Virginia and its going to be tough for me to get off a lot this year but were planning on making it. Yea 90 would have been a lot better for you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, Being up here in Virginia I might look at checking out a few of the races around Maryland.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2FastWarlock
I thought it did, but were trying to make Cocoa too. I just started my job up here in Virginia and its going to be tough for me to get off a lot this year but were planning on making it. Yea 90 would have been a lot better for you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do, Being up here in Virginia I might look at checking out a few of the races around Maryland.
Good luck with the job, life comes first, racing is fun, but get a good backing before ya spend it all racing.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Registered

Every racer had the chance to be heard, the P class rule changes were being talked about in KW. John asked numerous teams to fax in what you would like to see change, and Rickie talked to a lot of you one on one. I posted updates and asked numerous time for anyone that had input to fax or email thier thoughts to SBI. I know a lot of the single engine guys emailed what they would like to see and also called John, to try and get some common ground on what they were looking for. I know Steve Kildahl was working with SBI and put a lot of time and effort in to communicate with a lot of the racers to see what they wanted for the new P4 class rule. The rules are for the racers so if there is any Rgeistered P Class boats that thinks they will fall in the new P3 clas, and arent happy with the new speed, all you have to do is get your class together and contact SBI. Now is the time to do it not at the first race of the year. You can post all you want here but that isnt going to change anything, get together as a class and things can happen.

After reading this post I call John to talk to him about it, and he didnt have a clue what I was talking about. He said he hasnt gotten one call or email about it. I kinda felt stupid saying how you guys were *****in about it and not one of you r doing anything thing positive about it to change it.

With that said I still dont think anyone will make the effort and the rules will play out the way they are. Sometimes I dont think you guys realize this is your Organization and the rules that are made are for the racers.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 01-29-2011 at 08:23 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:50 AM
Registered

Richie did talk to us about it and we are fine with the classes. I'm glad P3 is still at 95, that works better for us. i simply just posted the new classes and have no problem with them. See you in cocoa
Old 01-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 2FastWarlock
Richie did talk to us about it and we are fine with the classes. I'm glad P3 is still at 95, that works better for us. i simply just posted the new classes and have no problem with them. See you in cocoa
Great I think it will make for some interesting racing . See you in Cocoa .
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What we as racers must realize is that the rules can not be made for each individual team.

smart business decision on JC's part if you ask me
Frank,

Really dont see any *itching here......

Heres the famous line about offshore racing that you instilled into me in 2001 "It is what it is"

The great thing now IF we decide not to race Cocoa as we had originally scheduled @ 90, it gives me the opportunity to be at Kerry and Rick B's disposal in order to help promote the Cocoa race site. In just attending the first meeting last night, it has already given me a ton of admiration for each and every promoter as to what it takes to even put on a race. Plus it gives me the excuse to go back home more often now.

TC
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Registered

Trent,
For sure I was in the mist of some of what was going on last yr. Kerry work his butt off and it is not easy job. No different then anything in life it is almost impossible to get it all 100% but they did a great job last yr for thier first race. I would think this yr will be even bigger and better. I had some quick conversation with Kerry in KW and sounds like they are on track to good things.
Old 01-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default P5

Originally Posted by 2 Trick Rick
So no class 5?
So what class would a 30ft Cat with 2.5/200's run in?
I'm not trying to be obtuse here, but is there definitely no P5 this year?

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.