Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > Super Boat International
Check the SBI website...... >

Check the SBI website......

Notices

Check the SBI website......

Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dean there is not a DW out there with stock outboards that can run 115 in race trim you are way off the mark on that number
Old 02-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by on the wick
Dean there is not a DW out there with stock outboards that can run 115 in race trim you are way off the mark on that number
You are right, because they set them up to run 100mph. My opinion has always been that you put the boat in the class by its speed in perfect conditions. Just like the rules state. Your boat and the other DWs can run 110+ with 31s on most straightaways on todays courses. It's just my opinion, but I believe that in order to win you should have to run 100% and be lucky, not just prop down.

And it not just the SS boats in the P Classes that do it.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Dean again you are wrong they WILL NOT go 110 plus with 31's. YOUR boat was NOT a legal Stock class boat as you raced it. It was 500lbs under weight when it was built and DID NOT have stock legal motors. Was it fast, YES it was. It had grandfathered, modified motors on it. In rough water it broke apart every time it ran. We owned the sister to that boat and it was 300lbs under weight and it also broke apart. For someone that has NEVER raced in the "STOCK CLASS" you are really off base with you knowledge. With legal 280's, 2:1 gears, 8200boxes, at 4300 lbs a 32 DW WILL NOT run 110+ on todays racecourses.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 PM
Racer
Racer

Ryan,

I specifically did not say that your boat would run 110. Obvisously yours is well off the pace, but I would beg to differ on the DWs. In perfect conditions, ie long flat water every DW out there will run 110. Even though they only need 105 to run C2.

I also never said anything about my old boat, but you were correct about it being fast.

Last edited by Wahoo ATV; 02-05-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

OUCH, you got me!!!!

That is exactly the response I thought I would get. Thanks for not letting me down Dean.

At the last X-cat race in Abu Dhabi GB finished 7th not breaking 110 in a FLAT water race on the inside and yet finished ahead of the other 4 DW's, so there 5 that weren't going 110 plus.

I can tell you that Talbot NEVER went over 110 all of last season but won 6 races........

But what do I know.......please enlighten all of us with more of your wisdom.....
Old 02-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ryan, if you were me and just wanted to have some fun for 2 or 3 races a year with my old ass 32 skater where or what would you do??? Man I do not want to piss anyone off but I worked my ass of back in the day to try to keep up with Callahan-bud offshore and ran way over my head to do it in that 25 motion but was always 20 ft from him at the finsih. I look back and think how dangerous that was. I want to be just a little more evenly matched. Thanks Micheal...
Old 02-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Racer
Racer

Ryan,

The point is that SBI is doing the right thing by putting boats in their right Classes. What makes it even better is that the racers agreed to do it to better the races.

It is simple if a boat is capable of running 110+ in perfect conditions it has no place racing at 95mph. But in the case of SS at least you have a spec class.

August 03, 2007 Kilo Record

S-12 Deep V Cat Lap Speed Record Speed
2nd run 1st Direction 116.175 119.14
2nd Direction 122.112
Old 02-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In the words of the great Rodney King....."Can't we all just get along?"
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

Trent you are killing me .....!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel if the organizations would have done a better job at policing the boats and classes then there would not be a need for a change. I heard it said in more than one organization, “After all else fails and we still think a boat is too fast, we will then take the boat out and run it to determine its top speed” well, I never saw that happen. We all have been told “build a boat for the class not a class for a boat” and since it got away from you now you are building new classes for your boats….
I built my boat to run right at the breakout speed and we ran the thing to the limit every time. The fastest speed I have ever seen is 87mph and now it’s been put into a class with a speed of 95mph… I guess I’m the one fatality for the better of the sport… So be it, I’ll just stick to poker runs, speed runs and the other organizations as long as I fit in their classes…

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.