Why such short races? >

Why such short races?

Notices

Why such short races?

Old 11-05-2011, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Why such short races?

Just curious if there is a reason the first two races are so short. The Supercats/Super V's will only race 43 miles. The "P" class boats only 23.

For argument sake, a Supercat running at 130 MPH will finish the course in 20 minutes. A "P4" class boat racing at 80 will finish the 23 miles course in 17 minutes. A "P2" boat running at 105 mph will finish the course in 13 minutes.

This doesn't seem very attractive to the fans who spend money to attend nor the racers. Is there a reason these courses are so short?
Old 11-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bob,

Dont quote me on this, however a few years back in New Orleans(02) and Deerfield(03) there was 2 full races, there was a lot of ties and it would be detirmined on the second or third tie breakers, hence a decision was made to make it 2 half races and 1 full race. I havent really heard of any issues since as the world champ wins it outright now without tie- breakers.

Yes as racing in these half race deals, you just seem to get your rythym and its all over, but maybe in the future they would expand it at least to 3/4 race, but for now it does seem to work and it gives race fans( no matter how short it is) another day of racing which allows the city to put more heads in beds and can justify coming up with the monies to host a race

Disclaimer: The above is stated as an opinion. It in no shape or form is intended to speak on behalf or for SBI or any organization

Last edited by F1-00 Racing; 11-05-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: disclaimer
Old 11-05-2011, 12:58 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Trent,
I was considering going down during the week, (couldn't get off the weekend) and I'm primarily interested in Production class 4. Going down for two 23 miles turned me off. I can understand the town wanting to fill beds, however to spend alot of money to go down for two 20 minute races didn't make sense.
Bob
Old 11-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

I understand totally , however there are 3 separate races on each race day. Starts @ 11 and ends approx 2-3. Its still worth it. Hopefully they have tweeked the webstream and we can sit here and watch it on our puters
Old 11-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trent,you going to Key West?
Old 11-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Registered

Nah, too much time away from home already this year(3 months lol)... Need to get caught up and already have started preps for next year
Old 11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another reason we found over the yrs is racing 3 full races, by race 3 there were no boats left to race. Its hard enough to finish 1 race during the yr, its a task to stay together for 3.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xtremeracing
Another reason we found over the yrs is racing 3 full races, by race 3 there were no boats left to race. Its hard enough to finish 1 race during the yr, its a task to stay together for 3.
Amen! Nothing like trying to fix the boat after every race. Destin was 2 full races and after race one we spent the next 3 days trying to get parts and fix things. It's more fan friendly with shorter races with more boats. Well I'm heading to the airport see you guys soon.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pulling out soon Louie see u there

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 11-05-2011 at 04:51 PM.