Notices

Very Important Message to all racers for Sunday race

Old 11-11-2011, 10:29 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Important Message to all racers for Sunday race

Hello all,

I am in shock to find out that Joey Gratton passed away after Page Motorsports boat flipped over during 2nd day of race today. I don't know if any racers at Key West can check and read this message but I would like for all racers to race SAFE! I mean, we lost 3 best racers this week, Bob Morgan, Jeff Tillman, and now Joey Gratton. This is not very good week at Key West. I know we have this huge passion with boat racing but for this Sunday during final race, PLEASE RACE SAFE! We can not risky losing more racers. Go out and get yourself killed is not an option. Just go out and race SAFE, please.
I am not very angry at all of racers, I am just angry about WHY this had to happen! WHY this had to happen????

Do me a favor.......No more boat flips, no more getting killed, just PLEASE RACE SAFE.

Thank you,
Chris
Old 11-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A horrific lost,wow words cant describe both

RIP

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Registered

DOD-.... strange post

these are professionals, and the teams, crew and racers understand the intricacies of racing in this environment more than most of us will ever know...they don't need a lecture now

the organizers, support staff, volunteers, medical and rescue personnel are top notch, experienced and dedicated to providing safe and effective care and response to any incident that may occur during these races.

as we have seen in other sports and we have witnessed in the last few days at Key West, terrible, unpredictable accidents may happen and it is at these times we need to comfort and pray for the racers, families and friends that are grieving the loss of their loved ones...they are the ones that need our love and support now more than ever...
Old 11-12-2011, 06:49 AM
Registered

Excellent Response ! Pray For Their Loved Ones .
Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Strange post, yes. But I think it came from his heart.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Down
DOD-.... strange post

these are professionals, and the teams, crew and racers understand the intricacies of racing in this environment more than most of us will ever know...they don't need a lecture now

the organizers, support staff, volunteers, medical and rescue personnel are top notch, experienced and dedicated to providing safe and effective care and response to any incident that may occur during these races.

as we have seen in other sports and we have witnessed in the last few days at Key West, terrible, unpredictable accidents may happen and it is at these times we need to comfort and pray for the racers, families and friends that are grieving the loss of their loved ones...they are the ones that need our love and support now more than ever...

Agreed,to all of the familys and friends of all involved we send our thoughts and prayers.R,I,P
Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We know DOD is speaking from the heart, there are a lot of us fans, crew members, friends and family that watch and read and post on here. There is no one giving any lecture here at all. The only way for the racers and family members to know that are people out here in this world that care a great deal about them and consider them part of their family is through this website. Chris (DOD) is just trying to convey to the racers to race a safe race and come home safe because he cares so much.

In the words of one of my best friends " RACERS WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY!!!! YOU ARE FAMILY..!!!!!"

Most of the racers know Chris (DOD) ... He is an adopted brother to many. We are all so hurt and saddened by the events ... Chris is just trying to convey that.

Love ya Buddy! Keep praying for those still there and still racing.

Last edited by Racegirl3; 11-12-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well put Chris and Dawn and a Big hug from here to you Dawn
Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Ditto !!!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Registered

Strange ting... I have never seen a motorsport where they just keep going on after tragedies like this... Not since old Rome...
In the WRC rally, Indy, Nascar, F1 etc. they`d call the day...

Maybe we should pray before the races instead of after...

I understand your thoughts, Chris!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.