Notices

SVL Key West

Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Nice run By the OL team. Boat looked great. Brian and Doc's daughter did a great job. Steve K you guy's ran your butts off. Phantom glad to see you in the mix. Watch Your Back I like the new stickers. Gibons you guys dont leave anything on the tabel and Cool Hand you are going to need a little shock theropy. I know that boat has more than that. I really enjoyed watching you all live stream today. You all made me Gay.
MD
What the?
Old 11-10-2012, 06:39 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by screammachine
why are you not going?
I sure he was plenty busy with the aftermath of S.S. SANDY in NJ ....

I'm not sure of the national coverage this storm got other than when the POTUS made a pit stop during his election campaigning .

This image is just on the other side of the river of where Randy is from ....

Thanks goes go out to all of the out of state utility companies and State Police that have come here to help.

Sandy Photos

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 11-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boats r all running great and having a blast. Randy I will work on the for you lol.We team and Rookie driver but so far he's doing great. It will take a little time to get dialed in but won't be long. We just got the boat back last wed and the first time we tested was Tuesday in kw. Ran much better Fri so we'll see how Sunday goes. But shock therapy is sounding good right about now. You should be here give me a few pointers....
Old 11-11-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

Hammer down and dont lift. LOL
Old 11-11-2012, 09:13 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Hammer down and dont lift. LOL
I want a ride in that foolish thing sometime
Old 11-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

WOW !!!!! OL has dusted the SVL field. No one was even close in the race with them. Brian and Madison you did an outstanding job. The Kildal boys were pushing it to the max of what there boat would give them. Looked like they took flight on the back strech and tripped followed by the stuff. Glad to see you both were ok coming in. Ill bet you were glad you were under a lid now. I aplaud all the SVL teams for there hard run in what looked like some big water. Now go build more power to close the gap. The race now is who will have the best engine builder that can make the most HP and lets not forget stronger drives. Its going to be a long winter. LOL
MD
Old 11-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Registered

Randy

What are the weights? Do they weigh at end of race? Also what are the new rules for next year?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weight is the same 4750...
No rule changes for next yr, the only thing that was talk about was building a new motor package similar to the Supetboat Class carb 510 blocks easy simple and reliable and easy to tech. Don't think it will happen for next yr but with the 525 going away soon we are looking toward the further.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:38 PM
Registered

Warlock, SBI weight is #4750 at the end of the race. You have to weigh in and out. The weight of 1 gallon of gas is the same within .10 depending on where you buy it. With that being said the MPG is almost identical on our boats. Some spin higher RPM and some have more eff hulls. In the end we are all some where around 1.7 - 2 MPG depending on water conditions. The math is fairly simple so if you know what each boat weight is going in you can predict there burn rate vs what there coming out weight is. EVERY boat should be with in 20-40 lbs of the differance.
Last I heard from Merc. was that although they have developed a new 525 base version with modifications is that the exisisting 525 package is one of there best and most reliable motor's they have ever built. They have no plans on discontinuing that package.
Being that your question was asked of me I can tell you that I have no plans of ever racing anything other than a stock sealed Merc. 525 and the last time I asked the other OPA/OSS guy's they feel the same way. Sooooooo in the off season any new teams can decide if they want the HP wars or the spec. racing. How much money do you have?????? ok shoot me !!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Registered

Randy

We raced together in F1. If I wanted to buy a boat or build a boat, What are my options? It looks as though everyone is going to be fighting for second place. If everyone has the same weight and same HP then all those single step boats are in trouble. I think the Fountain might be as fast as the OL but I am not sure being the boat was never legal. It was the boat last year and next year there will be several OL. Why waste the money to run a single step boat? Warlock has a new 3 step bottom and the 2 step bottom from the 32 that I could cut down. It is crazy efficient. I guess someone could buy the fountain and giver it a shot. Tell me what direction is the class heading in with trying to keep parity. You really cant knock OL for designing the new bottom. However most of us dont have the coin to buy a carbon fiber 250k boat. So how do you keep people racing? Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.