Notices

9 boat in Sarasota

Old 07-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 boat in Sarasota

How in the hell did the boat trip like that?The 9 phantom. Give some insight, I'm a novice. Are they OK?(
Old 07-10-2013, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the team is fine all is well.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Their shorts however, are soiled beyond repair.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:23 PM
Registered

To me it looked like the blew the port side tab off in a hard landing, hooked the drive which tore it apart, and then had a violent spin into a barrel roll. They were both lucky to escape with minimal injuries.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:19 PM
DriverofDonzi
Gold Member

Both the driver and throttleman are ok. I reviewed the video over and over and noticed that during the flip, roll, etc...I noticed that there was no drive, no propeller or anything. It just broke that caused the boat to lose the control...Glad they are OK!

Boat will be fixed and race again!

Chris
Old 07-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DriverofDonzi
Both the driver and throttleman are ok. I reviewed the video over and over and noticed that during the flip, roll, etc...I noticed that there was no drive, no propeller or anything. It just broke that caused the boat to lose the control...Glad they are OK!

Boat will be fixed and race again!

Chris
It looks like the drive broke because they landed in the trough out of the gas turnig left. glad they are ok.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:22 PM
SRQ
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I saw after the Sarasota Race, the bushing area and upper steering pin was ripped out of the upper portion of the transom plate. Its my opinion when that part gave way the drive came off the transom plate, that's what caused a total loss of steering and then ripped the trim plane off. The drive was intact and sustained no damage but clearly only hanging on by the steering rams.
As hard as that boat took a hit I was amazed. Yes the deck sustained damage from a very unusually hard impact but yet there was not a scratch or stress crack in the hull. No way I'd want to be in that same scenario in a different boat.
Thank God Mark and Kurt came out unscathed. They are real professionals and sportsmen. They'll be back on the water quicker than you think.
SRQ