Notices

Live Race Coverage

Old 10-03-2016, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Live Race Coverage

How was the pay per view race coverage yesterday? Was not sure it would be good enough to pay for but I do miss it.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I got on late but watched the whole thing. IMO it was very good. Mike Y did a GREAT job of narrating the event. He had good info and lots of energy talking. When you say not sure if it was worth paying cracks me up LOL. $7.00 to watch something you like live? Are you kidding me? Could it be better , Yes. If you think $7.00 is to much or going to break the bank then you really are not into it. We are talking about the cost of a burger for watching people risk there lives hanging out there $hit live !!!! Or you could fly down there and get a room and a car and pay $5.00 a beer or soda to watch the same thing. Bottom line is if you REALLY like fast boats than its a deal even if the production isn't Wide World of sports caliber.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:55 PM
Registered

I have the interest. Thanks for the feedback. Planning to be back next year.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Registered

I was lucky enough to have gotten a room for the whole event, its been worth it every year so far weather was perfect. I will have to stream the key west races though. what team flipped. I managed to miss it somehow.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I got on late but watched the whole thing. IMO it was very good. Mike Y did a GREAT job of narrating the event. He had good info and lots of energy talking. When you say not sure if it was worth paying cracks me up LOL. $7.00 to watch something you like live? Are you kidding me? Could it be better , Yes. If you think $7.00 is to much or going to break the bank then you really are not into it. We are talking about the cost of a burger for watching people risk there lives hanging out there $hit live !!!! Or you could fly down there and get a room and a car and pay $5.00 a beer or soda to watch the same thing. Bottom line is if you REALLY like fast boats than its a deal even if the production isn't Wide World of sports caliber.
I agree its a no brianer to me, i guesx you and I must be missing something. Not even sure how someone can even ask that, its cheaper then a pk of smokes....lol
Old 10-05-2016, 08:45 PM
Registered

90% good signal I thought it was well worth it, Mike did a great job announcing. Great first turn by Jay and Billy.
Old 11-04-2016, 05:49 PM
bwd
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
Well said Randy, I whined at first because I thought it should be free to watch. But times have changed and I understand. Mike is a great addition. While Stan Lane has a commanding voice I think he lacks first hand knowledge. But I give a A for effort. I certainly don't mind paying the price of a fattening Starbucks special coffee to watch boat racing.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 363 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by bwd
Well said Randy, I whined at first because I thought it should be free to watch. But times have changed and I understand. Mike is a great addition. While Stan Lane has a commanding voice I think he lacks first hand knowledge. But I give a A for effort. I certainly don't mind paying the price of a fattening Starbucks special coffee to watch boat racing.
Was Stan commenting? When we saw him in MI City he stated he was retiring and Menner, OH was his last race.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:03 AM
Registered

Yes Stan retired, and didnt announce.