We are all waiting.........
Old 03-17-2004, 09:29 AM
Pat D.

no outcome yet........
stay tuned for April meeting

Old 03-17-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must have been too busy discussing same sex marriages to talk Powerboats!!!!

http://web2.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/C37889/
Old 03-17-2004, 01:19 PM
Pat D.

geeeeezzzzz.........that must have been a different meeting than what I watched.
And sources who were there.............
never mind....make up what you want!!!!!!!!

and rchevelle.......your right!

Old 03-17-2004, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pat D,

Who all was there representing each organization?

Thanks-
Old 03-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Pat D.
geeeeezzzzz.........that must have been a different meeting than what I watched.
And sources who were there.............
never mind....make up what you want!!!!!!!!

and rchevelle.......your right!
That was the first thing crossed my mind when I saw the mayor on the news talkin' 'bout gays last night!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Pat D.

If you don't mind, I'm not going to quote anyone who was there or repeat 2nd hand stuff which includes who attended.
I only know that when it FINALLY came up on the agenda, it all went down very quickly. A rep. from each organization (apba and conch republic) spoke VERY briefly and they and the commission all agreed to bring it back in April. That's all that was discussed.

But then again...........maybe they had the 10 second delay set up and we all missed something.

I did not hear the commissioners send anyone anywhere.
What I did hear in the background........during this brief appearance, were the happy couples with white ribbons on out in the street singing God Bless America.
yeah....I know.....too much info.

Forget KW for a while.....dig out your shorts and come to Miami. IT'S BEAUTIFUL IN THE kEYS TODAY!

Old 03-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Per the Meeting Results, it looks like April 6th is the next "round".

Postponed to April 6, 2004 – Unanimous Vote
(bb) Authorizing Conch Republic Offshore Powerboat Racing Association to conduct the Key West World Championship Races on November 14-21, 2004, a block party on Friday, November 19, 2004 and a boat parade on November 14, 2004 starting out at Truman Annex heading down to Whitehead Street and onto Duval Street to Southard and back to Truman Annex at 4:00 P.M. and street party on Friday, November 19, 2004 from 7:00 P.M. to 11:00 P.M. pursuant to terms and conditions set forth by the City Manager; Authorizing the closure of Duval Street between Eaton and Front Streets including Greene from Ann to Fitzpatrick Streets and Duval Street; Granting a Special Event Permit pursuant to Section 6.86 of the Code of Ordinances; Authorizing the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages within the enclosed area. (City Manager)

Postponed to April 6, 2004 – Unanimous Vote
(cc) Authorizing APBA Offshore Racing Association, Inc. to conduct the Key West World Championship Races on November 14-21, 2004 from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. on race dates and from 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M. on non race days at the Truman Waterfront; Pursuant to terms and conditions set forth by the City Manager; Granting a Special Event Permit pursuant to Section 6.86 of the Code of Ordinances; Authorizing the sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages within the enclosed area. (City Manager)
Old 03-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally posted by Pat D.

I did not hear the commissioners send anyone anywhere.
What I did hear in the background........during this brief appearance, were the happy couples with white ribbons on out in the street singing God Bless America.
yeah....I know.....too much info.

Forget KW for a while.....dig out your shorts and come to Miami. IT'S BEAUTIFUL IN THE kEYS TODAY!
lmfao!!!!!

We will be at every race that actually happens, regardless of what letters are attached to it, From St. Cloud to Key West this year!!!

Quick Reply: Key West Council Meeting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.