Notices

CT River Run

Old 10-06-2005, 12:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: CT River Run

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
Why so early???? Some of us are coming from across the sound. I just hope it is not too cold!!!
9am at the I-95 ramp worked well for us last year. By the time everyone is ready to roll, it will be 9:20. That will put us at Haddam Meadows around 9:50. By then more than 1/2 of the boat will be launched on their way...

Yes, it will be a little nippy crossing the Sound that early, but just think how much more power your engine will make with that cold dense air...

PE, It takes me about 45min. to get from the I-95 ramp to Greenport if I really push. There are two no wake zone that slow you down. If you leave your house at 8-8:15. you'll be waiting for us. I'm not sure if you plan to go as far as Cromwell or all the way to Hartford. You can fuel up in Old Saybrook with the good stuff before going back across...

See You Soon.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I stopped by the marina last night and fueled up my boat for this weekend.
The river is a mess!
All kinds of chit floating down.
Let's hope it clears out by the weekend...

FLOOD STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA 504 AM EDT TUE OCT 11 2005
...A FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER... FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER THIS INCLUDES HARTFORD AND MIDDLETOWN.

...THE FLOOD WARNING HAS EXPIRED FOR THOMPSONVILLE...

FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER AT THOMPSONVILLE... NO FLOODING IS OCCURRING AT THIS TIME. THE 4 AM TUESDAY STAGE WAS 4.4 FEET. FLOOD STAGE IS 5.0 FEET. WATER LEVELS WILL CONTINUE TO RECEDE THIS MORNING.

FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER AT HARTFORD... THE 4 AM TUESDAY STAGE WAS 20.2 FEET. FLOOD STAGE IS 16.0 FEET. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY 12 AM WEDNESDAY. AT STAGES NEAR 20.0 FEET...FLOODING IS EXPECTED ALONG THE RIVER IN PORTIONS OF WETHERSFIELD...GLASTONBURY... ROCKY HILL AND CROMWELL. THE HIGH WATERS AND SWIFT FLOWS WILL DISRUPT SOME CROSS RIVER FERRY SERVICES. UPSTREAM OF HARTFORD...FLOODING WILL CONTINUE TO AFFECT PORTIONS OF WINDSOR. IMMEDIATE RIVER ROADS MAY BECOME IMPASSABLE IN ALL OF THESE COMMUNITIES.

FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER AT MIDDLETOWN... MODERATE FLOODING IS FORECAST. THE 12 AM TUESDAY STAGE WAS 11.6 FEET. FLOOD STAGE IS 8.0 FEET. THE RIVER IS FORECAST TO RISE TO 12.0 FEET BY 8 AM TUESDAY. THE RIVER WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY 4 PM WEDNESDAY. AT STAGES NEAR 12.0 FEET...FLOODING CONTINUES TO OVERSPREAD SECTIONS OF PORTLAND AND MIDDLETOWN...AS WELL AS DOWNSTREAM TOWNS INCLUDING CHESTER AND ESSEX. SOME IMMEDIATE RIVER ROADS WILL BE IMPASSABLE. IN CROMWELL THIS USUALLY IMPACTS PORTIONS OF RIVER ROAD. IN ROCKY HILL... PORTIONS OF MEADOW ROAD WILL BECOME IMPASSABLE.

OBSERVED RIVER STAGES ARE COURTESY OF THE U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY AND OTHER COOPERATING AGENCIES.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

This from Rich Owen,

"This was Haddam Meadows at 6 pm today (Mon) .
Lots of trees and other crap floating by . You usually walk DOWN the ramps to the docks .
We will be monitoring the river very closely .
If it peaks Tuesday and starts receding we should be good for Sat .
Two alternate scenarios would be ; Move the date to Sun , Oct 16 or move it to Sat , Oct 22 .
We hope to know by Wed , Oct 12 .
On another note .
How about dinner at the Crowne Plaza (Sheffield's Restaurant) at 7:30 Fri evening ? Let me know who can make it and I'll make reservations .
How many are staying at the Crowne Plaza ?"

We'll have to wait and see I guess...
The long range forecast is not great...
I'll keep you posted...
Old 10-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Pat with all that water flowing at over 5 mph we should all have some record speed runs
Old 10-12-2005, 08:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Pat with all that water flowing at over 5 mph we should all have some record speed runs
No joke ZZ...
Last year, I had one speed run of 72.6 GPS with my boat. I got all excited until I put her in neutral and saw 3.5 mph on the GPS.
That was just a normal full moon flood tide.
I would bet the river is flowing more than 5mph right now...
Old 10-12-2005, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A quote from one of the Scream&Fly guys:

"Rich will be talking to the Crowne Plaza this afternoon to see if we could transfer to the following weekend should the weather NOT cooperate with the scheduled dates.....

Something about 40 foot trees floating down the river and pumpkins. I love halloween, but don't feel like stuffing a pumpkin with the newly fixed boat

STAY TUNED"

I also spoke to my buddy Tommy Seatow. He told me that he has been clearing log jams for three days now...

It's not looking good for this weekend...
How would next weekend work for everyone's schedule?
Old 10-12-2005, 12:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

This from Rich Owen:

"We said we're going boating , Mother nature says no freakin' way .
I just got back from looking at the river and it hasn't receded at all .
I talked to a meteorologist and he said he wouldn't make plans for this weekend .
So..... The 2005 CT River Run will be postponed .
It will probably be moved to Oct 22 , or possibly Oct
29 . This will be decided by Fri. , Oct 14."

Sorry Guys and Gals...
Old 10-13-2005, 12:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

see pantera forum....we don't own flat bottom o/b's!!!!

..of course, if it's raining..uh?..never mind...
Old 10-13-2005, 03:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Coppied from Scream & Fly...

HOORAY !!!!

Flood Statement

CTC003-007-140408-FLOOD STATEMENTNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA1215 PM EDT THU OCT 13 2005...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS CANCELLED THE FLOOD WARNING FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER...FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER THIS INCLUDES MIDDLETOWN.THE RIVER LEVEL AT MIDDLETOWN HAS CONTINUED TO FALL DURING THIS MORNING SO THE FLOOD WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. HOWEVER...ANOTHER AREA OF STEADIER AND HEAVIER RAINFALL IS EXPECTED TO MOVE INTO THE REGION TONIGHT. THAT RAIN WILL CONTINUE THROUGH FRIDAY.EVEN THOUGH THE RIVER LEVEL WILL FALL AT MIDDLETOWN THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...IT IS EXPECTED TO RISE AGAIN LATER FRIDAY THROUGH SATURDAY.IT IS POSSIBLE THAT THE LEVEL COULD RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE AGAIN LATE FRIDAY NIGHT.FOR THE CONNECTICUT RIVER AT MIDDLETOWN...FLOODING HAS ENDED.THE 11 AM THURSDAY STAGE WAS 7.6 FEET.FLOOD STAGE IS 8.0 FEET.FORECASTS CAN BE OBTAINED IN THE DAILY RIVER AND LAKE SUMMARY.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:35 AM
IUOE L94
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If the river run gets canceled ! How about a Long Island gsp MEET FOR SUPERBOATERS on Saturday. We can meet at at netural spot Toomies, the bar near Bergan Point in Babylon. etc. any one in ?

Quick Reply: CT River Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.