Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Hydromotive P5

Old 01-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why the sad face!!??? I got out there this weekend, mostly pleasure running as it was 75 on Dec 31, and we saw 81 on Jan 1!!! Gotta love it!!! I did do the speed runs, and RA took some photos and video - I'll post them soon as I can figure out this new camera. I think the Y2K needs some bow lift still.

Ok - the prop testing - here's whats up so far:
I've added the 'stuff' I intend to keep on the boat all the time - tools, cushions, potti, etc etc (still have to add the stereo and a few speakers). Ran the Bravo I again, on a nice cool day with 1/4 tank by myself. Stock 496 Mag HO with K&N, with 139 hours.
GPS Numbers: @3500 = 44mph, 4000 = 54mpg, WOT = 71.8

Came to the bulkhead and removed the exhaust restrictors under the riser elbows, ran again but SAW NO GAIN at any rpm!!!!! The boat does sound better and it seemed to breathe better, so I think I may see some improvement in warmer weather, who knows....

Next step is to run the same prop after installing the 1" drive spacer this week, then get these numbers to BBlades to fine tune a prop.

Remembering the P5 Hydromotive numbers, I saw:
GPS Numbers: @3500 = 47.5mph, 4000 = 57.5mpg, WOT = 73.8

So, I'm hoping BBlades can beat even that, with the spacer. I'd really like to see 75 with the stock set up I have, then it's prob time to think about big cubes or Whipple......

Sure do wish some of you other guys would post numbers like this - my runs are the average readouts for about a three-four mile run both up and downwind.

Enjoy!!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:43 PM
Registered

Thanks Keith. I think a drive spacer is the way to go also. When I trim all the way up I can see a big increase in rpm with no increase in speed. What is the starting point on the drive spacer? I'm thinking 1.5 inch. spacer and a P5x prop.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well that's the guessing point. These spacers are very expensive; I called JC and he said he has tried plus and minus two inches and placed it where he did based on his trials. I had to choose, so I talked around the shop and decided on one inch, but not much reason as to why, so we'll see - my shop said they'll buy back the spacer if it doesn't work for me, so all I have to lose is the time and effort.

Trying to get the boat in this week for the spacer and run her this weekend, so I'll post again later this week - we're forecasted for the mid 70's all week!!!!

K
Old 01-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Keith I am very intrested in how this spacer works out for you. Tim ( 5508 ) saw no better top end on his Y2K ( coens former boat ) Any way keep us posted on the never ending QUEST FOR SPEED !!!!!!
Old 01-04-2006, 06:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You bet Gary! I hope with my power setup and all the real data I've got I'll see some improvement, mostly in handling and a little speed - my experience so far is that JC and Rick have these boats right!!!! I'm just having a bit of fun trying to fine tune....
Old 01-04-2006, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, I need to jump in on this. I did not have good results with the PX5. PX5 26p = 74.5 @ 5600 rpm compared to Bravo 1 28 = 81.5 @ 5400 rpm. I have approx. 600 hp and was hoping for a little more. I have added a Whipple so hopefully I will get close to 90 .

After reading through some info you guys have posted, it seems it may be my X dimension. Mine was set 1"-1.5" above what comes from the factory. With everyone trying spacers I'm starting to think maybe I'm too high???
Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well Pure E, I can't tell you where to start, but it looks like you've got some good data, so try calling BBlades or Throttle Up perhaps to discuss? This subject gets out of hand too fast, with everyone giving opinions, so I'm simply trying to imrpove my top end, and providing the real data as concisely as I can along the way. Everyboat is different, and I know for a fact my Y2K is weight sensitve and bow lift sensitive. When I see her in videos she doesn't seem to carry enough bow so I'm trying to get more lift. If I had to guess, I would agree with your thoughts though.....
Old 01-04-2006, 11:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pure Energy
OK, I need to jump in on this. I did not have good results with the PX5. PX5 26p = 74.5 @ 5600 rpm compared to Bravo 1 28 = 81.5 @ 5400 rpm.
That does not make sense. There had to be something different, like water conditions or weight.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
That does not make sense. There had to be something different, like water conditions or weight.
Oh, it might be so...
Speeking with Oh-Zone, he has seen better top speed numbers with the B1 vs. P5X as well.
Remember, his ITS is set with the prop shaft 1" higher than the "stock" position.
Like Krak said, every boat is different...

Quick Reply: Hydromotive P5

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.