Jcap

Old 04-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: Jcap

Originally Posted by jcap
Hey Pure energy,
nice to meet ya, Im Jim Capie, I have one of the first Y2Ks. It was originally set up for Factory one racing with an Hp500 and XR drive . John and junior raced it a few times , It won the manufactures Cup challenge in point pleasant NJ in 2001.When I bought it in 2002 it had a procharger added to the hp500 and was claimed to do 90mph, when I test ran before buying ,82mph was the best it did.I have had several engines in it ,all basicaly blown 509s , my wife and I have raced in OPA and Superboat International with it, it is competive but reliability of bravoXRs behind blown motors is BAD. I wouldnt boost more than 5psi and keep hp under 700. I have eaten Many bravoXRs My best speed was low 90s with about 725hp. 92 point something if i recall (i cooked a drive that day, no rough water no slamming the throttle just too much torque) I have tried many many props including herring(3500$used) and hydro P5X has been by far the best
I am rambling sorry! iv been off the water for awhile! pick a sunday in may and we can meet at Claudios( i hav a wedding memorial weekend)
You too Pat!
Was your boat rigged by Falcon? I know that boat, funky paint job i lov it! It also was claimed to do in the 90s When I tested it also ran 81 82 best .

Jim
Saw you in it at Cambridge few years ago. Was with Stylin.
Old 04-15-2006, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

pick a sunday in may and we can meet at Claudios
I would love to meet at Claudios some Sunday as well!
Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in for a Claudio's run for sure!

Hey Jcap, When is you annual trip to Shelter Island? We could plan to meet you then...
Old 04-17-2006, 06:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

end of august i spend a weekend on shelter island(anniversary we were married on shelter isl about a hundred years ago!) I wanna meet bnefore then! maybe the weekend before memorial day ? anybody else ?

Jim
Old 04-17-2006, 11:35 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Jim! Not sure if you remember me, but you and your lady meet Kelly and I at the Mid Summer Fun run to Claudio's two years ago. I had a 29 Fountain with Stars and Stripes Graphics.... I wondered where you disappeared too, then heard you were ill. Glad to hear you are better and pleased to hear you are back in the saddle. Hope all the ugly is behind you and would love to run with you this year. Got a new piece ( 38 Lightning) which moves well. Love hanging with the Superboat boys, best lot on the Island... Welcome back!!

Last edited by nolimits; 04-17-2006 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Registered

HEY no limits,
sure i remember you a, west babylon boy no? we had a great day at claudios last year! I am healty and strong ,thanks for asking . I am trying to put together a claudios trip for sunday may 21 all are invited , kinda of a start the summer blast! I have been thinking of a 38 lightening myself, great boat what power you got ? speeds? No not giving up the superboat ,its more setup for racing than pleasure . Ok im setting a date for may 21 whos up for a claudios run?

Jim
Old 04-18-2006, 07:18 AM
Registered

I may be healthy but i still cant spell !
Old 04-18-2006, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jcap
end of august i spend a weekend on shelter island(anniversary we were married on shelter isl about a hundred years ago!) I wanna meet bnefore then! maybe the weekend before memorial day ? anybody else ?

Jim
I'm up for a run that weekend in May. Sunday the 21st works better for me as my wife works Saturdays. But if you pick Saturday the 20th, I'll just ask my mom to watch the little guy.
Let's do it!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:17 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

JCap, contact JC perf. He's been using a guy out east that he raves about for rigging and other stuff. Its worth the call.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:32 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Storm,
You may be speaking of Lightspeed (John D.) He rigs a lot of the Superboats too.

Jcap,
The 21st of May sounds great! we should start a new thread, "Early Season Run to Claudio's". If you don't get to it in a few Days, I will...

Quick Reply: Jcap

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.