Spark Trouble >

Spark Trouble

Notices

Spark Trouble

Old 06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Spark Trouble

Anybody Know Thunderbolt Ignition Glitches? Out Checking My New 3 Blade And Ignition Today The Prop Shows Some Potential Running 50mph At 3000 Rpm But Went To Stop For A Beverage Shut The Motor Down And No Spark For A Restart! 20 Minutes Later The Spark Has Returned And Runs Ok Only To Shut Down To See If It Happens Again And Sure Enough No Spark? Could It Be The Module In The Distributer ? Msd Recommended Mounting The Coil Uprite Could Be An Issue. The Also Said When A Box Goes They Dont Come Back So Thats Out. It Must Be Running For Superfest.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Spark Trouble

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Anybody Know Thunderbolt Ignition Glitches? Out Checking My New 3 Blade And Ignition Today The Prop Shows Some Potential Running 50mph At 3000 Rpm But Went To Stop For A Beverage Shut The Motor Down And No Spark For A Restart! 20 Minutes Later The Spark Has Returned And Runs Ok Only To Shut Down To See If It Happens Again And Sure Enough No Spark? Could It Be The Module In The Distributer ? Msd Recommended Mounting The Coil Uprite Could Be An Issue. The Also Said When A Box Goes They Dont Come Back So Thats Out. It Must Be Running For Superfest.
MiKe Had The Same Problem On A Customers Boat Was The Pickup In The Dist// I Have My Coil Sideways No Problem// If You Need One To Try I Got Em In Stock///
Old 06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with lightspeed, change the pickup first. I would also check for a crack it the coil...
Old 06-15-2006, 07:01 AM
Registered

New Coil And Install Missing Ground Wire To Bottom Of Distributor With No Effect. Still No Restart After A Shutdown, Going To Replace The Mod In The Dist Next. I Did Spot Rick In The Mako. 50 Is Fast For A Mako With A Single.
Old 06-15-2006, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
New Coil And Install Missing Ground Wire To Bottom Of Distributor With No Effect. Still No Restart After A Shutdown, Going To Replace The Mod In The Dist Next. I Did Spot Rick In The Mako. 50 Is Fast For A Mako With A Single.
Hey Zup,
Check the wiring of your ignition circuit (purple wires). I had a strange problem with an ignition switch once.
I finally replaced the switch and the purple wires to and from.
When she won't restart, see if you are getting power to the coil.
Do you have a full MSD system or is it an add on to a Merc Thunderbolt? You could try without the MSD box also; I've heard guys have funky things happen with those too.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey zup was that u in front of tanner yesterday at about 5. If so I was the white 21' taking a blast.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Zup,
Get the spark thingy figured out ? And are you going to make Superfesst at Robert Moses ?
Old 06-16-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

I was out wednesday nite around 5-6. I have the new thingy for the spark installed just need to recheck the timing and hopefully im good. I would much rather make moses than claudios. We need a boatcount for either.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Mike,
I'm going to be in Baldwin (sp) Sunday afternoon through Monday.
I may be able to escape for a couple of hours.
Please PM me your phone number.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Registered

New Distributor Mod And Still No Restart After Warm. Whats The Next Guess Msd 6al Or Merc V6 Box ?

Quick Reply: Spark Trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.