Question for FX10 >

Question for FX10

Notices

Question for FX10

Old 06-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for FX10

Is it possibly to drop the floor in a 24" Superboat. I am looking to put in (build) 2+2 standup racing bolsters, similar to the ones you would see in some Panteras (3 or 2+3). I noticed in some of the pictures I have seen of Panteras, their are sections of the floor that are lowered to allow for the standups. Any Idea if this would be possible? If so, how deep do you think I could go? What should I look out for?

Given you know these boats inside and out, anything you can offer me would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to talk about this off line, I can e-mail you my phone number.

Thanks Again,
Brian Shaw, AKA Razor
Old 06-14-2006, 01:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Question for FX10

Cool Idea But...
We'll let FX-10 answer your floor question.

Razor do you have the foot cutout for the driver?
The reason I ask, is that I have found and I think you will find that most would agree, these boat are more comfortable to run at high speed while sitting...
I do stand while driving in the rough, but I would not if I had some high back buckets with like 8" of foam cushioning for my azz...
If you plan to race your boat, I'd suggest you plan to drive sitting...
Old 06-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Registered

I thought that at first till I stood in a 28 Pantera with 3 man race bolsters. It seemed much more secure. I do not often see calm waters. 2 to 3 foot rollers and chop is par for the course. Occasionally on the Saint Clair River (not very wide) it will be about a foot. But that is only if I am the only boat on the water and a freighter has not come by in a while. Big boats with waves bouncing off of sea walls. It is an interesting scenario. The only time I have really seen the river calm was during the Algonac OPA race. It was "much" calmer during the race than I normally ride on in a weekend.

The reason I chose a Superboat (or any 24'X7') was for its rough water handling. I got tired of getting beat up out there (and I wanted a fast boat of course). My previous boat was a 1976 SeyRay SRV220. This boat was a tank and used to beat me up pretty hard. It was often to rough to even get it up on plane.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Razor,
I wouldn't advise cutting the floor in your 24. First of all, the cockpit sole is literally sitting on your gas tank. the tank is only 3/4" under the top of the stringers. Years back I used to race with Jeff Gerardi in a few 24's, all with stand up bolsters. I prefer sitting in a bucket. Do you have a newer 24' or the older style??

Rick
Old 06-16-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered

Older 1995