Seriously considering ordering a Y2K >

Seriously considering ordering a Y2K

Notices

Seriously considering ordering a Y2K

Old 07-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seriously considering ordering a Y2K

Well I've read everything there is on the internet about the wonderous Y2K and I'm 85% sure I'm going to order one later this summer. I'm currently on deployment with the Navy so everything is via internet right now. I'll have to have my dad order it for me, but I want to get some more info from the board.

I had my dad call John at superboat yesterday and I can get an '07 built with k-planes and 496HO for $68k. I also want external steering to handle eventual HP upgrades and the poker run cowling is $1200. What other options should I consider? I think I can save some money up front and have a local shop do the cabin cushions. I definitely want dual batteries with an isolator charging system, Garmin GPS, autometer gauges, and speaker wires run. I want the new JL audio marine speakers- I don't know if I should should ship them to superboat for the install or do it myself- I'd hate to cut 7" holes in a new boat and mess it up. How about manual indicators for the k-planes and drive?

How about cabin ventilation? I'm worried about getting enough air flow in there for sleeping off a day of drinking. The cabin will be my anti-DUI suite so I can party all day, sleep on the boat and head home in the morning. I don't see any hatches in the pictures... Don't need A/C like one of the guys on the board- but some type of screened vent and a couple 12v fans would be nice.

Where's the beer cooler go?

What other options do I need to ask for in my quote? Did ya'll get a trailer from superboat too when you ordered your boat?

Looking for any advice I can get. Oh, and any new pictures ya'll have of your Y2K's so I can drool on this laptop some more.

Shoot me a PM if you want my email to talk more indepth about these boats.

-Hopefully soon to be a Superboat owner,

Greg

Last edited by zimm17; 07-06-2006 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:07 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Seriously considering ordering a Y2K

John Is Still Making Boats. I Havent Heard Of Any Being Completed In Some Time. Maybe Lightspeed Needs To Get Back In The Game And Pump Out Some Boats.im Sure J.d. Doesnt Work Cheap But Hes Worth The Money.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think FX10 said they have a Y2K in the mold that is not spoken for as of yet so you may be able to get one sooner than 2007.
I'd make sure you get a depth finder rigged from Superboat because the bottom is cored.
Oh-Zone put a hatch in the bulkhead by the passengers seat. Ask him how that has worked out; cutting the deck would wreck the lines.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:41 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

If you are already thinking of HP upgrades, maybe go w/ the Konrad ACE system. Has the external steering built in and can take much more HP than a bravoXR. Comes w/ extension box.
Just my $0.02.

Konrad ACE
Old 07-06-2006, 09:03 AM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Konrad system looks like a great unit. Do you think parts replacement will be an issue?
Old 07-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CMC
That Konrad system looks like a great unit. Do you think parts replacement will be an issue?
The Konrad is a great drive. But as for parts/repair, I would stick with Merc here on the East coast . I have yet to see a Konrad dealer.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Greg, I almost forgot, hope all goes well with your purchase of your Y2K !!!!!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
The Konrad is a great drive. But as for parts/repair, I would stick with Merc here on the East coast . I have yet to see a Konrad dealer.
Ocean Performance here in Old Saybrook, CT is a Konrad dealer. I saw a nice display on their showroom floor last week.
The Bravo X drive that comes with the 496 HO is good for over 500HP and you can always upgrade to an XR if you build a 600-650HP engine.
IMO the extra $$ for a Konrad is not necessary unless you're planning for 700+HP.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:18 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Pat, how much $ is an ACE Package?
How much for a Bravo, and for External steering?
Or an XR w/ its?

all i can think of is everyone here scared of bravos w/ big HP.
And it seems all the Y2K guys are looking at 800+ hp.

I just thought if it was a bit more for an ACE than BravoX + ext steering, it would be a good more for future HP.
Just trying to figure out the $ differences.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:20 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Oh and BTW, how will an extension box effect the way a Y2K runs?

Quick Reply: Seriously considering ordering a Y2K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.