My Y2K testing is over!! >

My Y2K testing is over!!

Notices

My Y2K testing is over!!

Old 07-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My Y2K testing is over!!

Through talking with other owners it is apparent that these Y2Ks all react differently to the same mods. Maybe it has to do with each boat being built custom.

Here are my test results

X-dimension- was lowered from 3.5" to 5" Picked up 2.5 mph cruise, and top end 1/2 mph so far but I think with better conditions I will get 1-2 more.

Props- Probably the biggest talked about.

Bravo 1- Has performed the best all around so far. Before and after adding spacer and blower.

Hydro PX-5 5 blade- 5 mph gain in cruise but lost 6 mph top end. This was before adding spacer and blower.

Maximus 5 blade- 2 mph gain in cruise, lost 2 top end. After spacer and blower. Prop could not lift boat out of water and required alot of trim, so much that hitting 2' wakes would send the bow skyward. Not safe at higher speed!!

My boat runs best spinning left. I just tried the Maximus RH and going over swells the boat would list severly to the left and drop hard. Not fun or safe. I was warned about this by the prior owner but tried it anyway, he was right. Spinnig left it will list slightly to the right, but not bad and will straighten out at higher rpm (more power). No rough water problems. I feel it still needs more bow lift and will talk to the proper prop people to see if this can be done at the prop.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: My Y2K testing is over!!

Have it labbed by b-blades.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kendal, glad all went well with testing, I know it can be furstrating and $$$$$$ to dial in perfect. I know my boat is close to perfect, but can still be tweaked a bit. Anyway enjoy you boat, hope to catch up with you on the waterways soon..............Gary.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now That All The Tweaking Is Over Sit Back And Start Spending Some Money On Fuel And Drinks. But If Your Like Me Ive Been Tweaking My Boat Since I Bought It. I See The Light At The End Of My Tunnel Also. Now Down To Brett Tweaking My Prop
Old 07-11-2006, 08:25 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the testing is fun and part of our hobby.
Like Zup said, time to enjoy!

Hey K,
When are you going to be out on the East end again?
T-Mone and I are planning to run to Claudio's Friday late afternoon, July 21st.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well....I'm done spending money and making an effort. The boat is plenty fast at 89 mph, and alot of fun. If a prop falls in my lap, then I'll throw it on for chits and giggles, but I don't think there is anything out there that will make any dramatic changes.

Pat, I was out east this weekend and we will be out again for the 21st.

Z., Boost is not my friend!!! I don't have alot of time to boat these days having to watch my daughter, but the 3 hrs I put on the boat this weekend sucked down over $100.00 in fuel But it was a fun 3 hrs.!!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know the fealing brother about watching the kidz, mine are 2 and 4. Everybody says take the kidz with you on the boat, I did it. But the superboat is no cabin cruiser and not very young child freindly to drive and watch the kidz at the same time.
I see more trailering and less boating , so who else can make the 21st at claudios. I think I can make it.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
I know the fealing brother about watching the kidz, mine are 2 and 4. Everybody says take the kidz with you on the boat, I did it. But the superboat is no cabin cruiser and not very young child freindly to drive and watch the kidz at the same time.
I see more trailering and less boating , so who else can make the 21st at claudios. I think I can make it.
Yup, I think my 18' Donzi would have been a little better to take kids on. At least on the river where I spend most of my time. My 3-1/2 year old is to small to stand or sit by himself so he rides on my lap most of the time. Also, His mother will not let me take him out with out another along... So if I don't take my 7-1/2 month pregnant wife, I ask my mom or my father-in-law to go. I suppose there are worse things, like not going... That's why I plan to run with the boyz on Monday or Tuesday nights! Keeping her under 3000rpm can get a little old...
Hey Zup, That will be great if you can meet us on the 21st!
PE, try to come out early enough to run across to meet us Friday afternoon. I meeting T-Mone around 5pm in Old Saybrook.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pure,
Thanks for the info. I found so far the Bravo1 is best for my rig also. Have not been faster than last summer at 94. I hear in salt I would pick up another 3 mph or so. That would be damn close to the magic number I would have to figure out how to get a couple more.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pure E, thanks for reporting all the great data - your findings are very similar to what I saw, the spacer was a big plus for me and I still need to tweak props. I think I have good bow lift now and just need to optimize a bit, but then I'm too busy running and buying a few drinks! Get out there and enjoy!