Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Cigarette BWI in Greenport..........again! >

Cigarette BWI in Greenport..........again!

Notices

Cigarette BWI in Greenport..........again!

Old 08-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cigarette BWI in Greenport..........again!

Well, here it is again, another reason for higher insurance costs for sport boats. I noticed many of you guys head to Claudio's on occasion. Be careful, I'm sure there is going to be increased boardings by police in the area!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...news-headlines
Old 08-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cigarette BWI in Greenport..........again!

Originally Posted by hamma1
Well, here it is again, another reason for higher insurance costs for sport boats. I noticed many of you guys head to Claudio's on occasion. Be careful, I'm sure there is going to be increased boardings by police in the area!

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...news-headlines

that makes 2 in about 3 weeks coming from claudios late at night...
Old 08-15-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered

Claudio's is a great spot. Easy to get carried away with the drinks. Too many accidents over the past few yrs. I say lock-um up before they kill anyone else.

My neighbor was killed there a few yrs. ago after they hit the stone jetty @ 3:00 am. She was in the cabin and never made it out.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

At the marina where this boat is kept along with my boat is the Rack Storage in Old Saybrook. Myself and about 5 other boaters in the rack are the only ones that dont go to Claudio's every time we use our boats. Everyone else only goes to Claudio's and gets drunk. Thats all these morons do is go to Claudio's and get drunk. Most of these people cant drive or dock a freaking boat. These idiots give a bad name for Performance boaters and increase our insurance rates. Im being serious all they do is go to the same spot every time and get smashed. Last year the incident happen to a guy here as well in a 38 Donzi. Drove his boat 300 FT on the beach and of course he was dunk coming from Claudios. These People just never learn.

Best Regards
Danny

Last edited by OL40SVX; 08-16-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
At the marina where this boat is kept along with my boat is the Rack Storage in Old Saybrook. Myself and about 3 other boaters in the rack are the only one s that dont go to Claudio's every time we use our boats. Everyone else only goes to Claudio's and gets drunk. Thats all these morons do is go to Claudio's and get drunk. Most of these people cant drive or dock a freaking boat. These idiots give a bad name for Performance boaters and increase our insurance rates. Im being serious all they do is go to the same spot every time and get smashed. There are about 30-40 performance boats at the marina and last month there was a Poker Runs America event here and only 4 boats from here actually participated in the event. There was absolutely no local support. Last year the incident happen to a guy here as well in a 38 Donzi. Drove his boat 300 FT on the beach and of course he was dunk coming from Claudios. These People just never learn. It also give s a bad name for Ocean Performance which is the dealer in Old Saybrook and is one of the largest and most recognized in the world.

Best Regards
Danny

I personally have known the guy who drove up on the beach with his Donzi for a long time as I was a Bartender at the Pridwin Hotel in Shelter Island for a few years in College. Him and his wife are very nice people. It was a sad day and definatly poor judgement on his part to be running his boat that afternoon. The problem is people do not know when to stop drinking. Especially when operating boats as fast as most of us own. Claudio's needs to step up a little too and regulate there Bar Tenders on who they serve and how much they serve them. The rock jetty in Greenport is a seriously hard object. Watch out!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Registered

Just wanted to pass this along from todays Newday. No I'm not a cop but a misplaced Long Islander transfered to Chicago who enjoyed the GSB for alot of years.

BE CAREFUL EVERYONE! A few harmless drinks can ruin a great time and whats left of the summer.

Regards,

Mike

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/lo...-top-headlines
Old 08-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Booze on the water could be a problem, but it is not THE problem. Captains that are clueless scare me way more, and there are way to many of them around. Incompetence kills more people than alcohol
Old 08-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Registered

Drunkeness is preventable, incompetance is not!!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered

You can't fix stupid!
Old 08-19-2006, 09:44 AM
Registered

Speaking of incompetence, I had a teacher from Sayville High who would park next to the ramp in Bayport around 5PM and watch the comedy unfold. You would see everything from car, trailer, and boat sliding into the creek, boats breaking away and falling on the ramp, super heroes who couldn't back into a ramp if their life depended on it, sinking boats without plugs, forgetting to raise drives and damaging them while launching, fist fights, and two boats laying on Montauk Highway.

These sub-mariners are the reason for future insurance increases. They may not have enough gas, but they do have a full cooler of beer, sporting their new Bayliner type boats.

Over the years, the GSB has turned into an obstacle course.

Quick Reply: Cigarette BWI in Greenport..........again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.