Week Nights on the CT River >

Week Nights on the CT River

Notices

Week Nights on the CT River

Old 09-26-2006, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Week Nights on the CT River

Z, I don't think there's any question about that! As for the next boat, the number 34 has been thrown around the house a bit. That won't be for a few years at least though!

Pat, sorry for hi-jacking your thread!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Pat, sorry for hi-jacking your thread!
No problem jay.

No these engines do not have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. There are higher fixed pressure regulators and adjustable regulator available though.
As for the O2 sensor, not a bad idea. I have a set of risers that I plan to send out for the mod this winter.
If/when you do decide to rebuild your engine, swap the cam for an HP500EFI cam; that's my plan...
Old 09-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Registered

If I go through it, I've spoken with rmbuilder about a set of AFR heads and a custom Hyd Roller cam. I have a machine shop in Kansas City that I've used for years that I know I can trust to take care of the machining and assembly. I heard they even bought a dyno in the last year, so I can make sure that the engine is ready to go when it is bolted in.

Trust me, the thought of pulling it and going through it has crossed my mind in the last few weeks knowing that winter is coming. I mean, what else is there to do?
Old 09-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OH-ZONE
I was 78 at the limiter tried to dial the rpms down lost speed so I tried to go back to where I was and lost again. F__ked up...I did have 75 gal.s of fuel though
Gary Sounds Like You Are Going Backwards/// Do You Still Have The Prop The Boat Was Delivered With????Whos ever Doing Your Props Is Screwing Them Up .If you Can Go Back To The Same Base Line Then Work From There .My Boat Ran Best With A 32 Pitch 4 blade the Fastest .I Have a 5 Blade On Now And Lost 3 But All Round Use Is Better .i Would NOT Put a 1 inch Spacer You Are Gunna Go Even Slower With That///Maybe You should Do a Compression Check Or Leakdown To Make Sure The Motor Is Not hurt?? Check The Plugs Make sure The Headers are Not Leaking That Could Kill HP Also
Old 09-27-2006, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by lightspeed
i Would NOT Put a 1 inch Spacer You Are Gunna Go Even Slower With That
Hey Lightspeed,

I agree that running the 28p Bravo 1 she was delivered with is a good way to check her out.

I respectfully disagree that the 1" spacer is going to slow the boat down though.
There are at least three guys with Y2K hulls that have only had positive result lowering the prop shaft from its "factory" location. Jcap, Krackmeup, and Purenergy.
I have run side by side with both Jcap and OH-Zone and believe me, Jcaps boat runs a lot higher in the water.

Hey Oh-Zone,
Let me know if/when you want to make some more test runs on the CT River...

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 09-27-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A few shots from last nights venture on the river...
Attached Thumbnails Week Nights on the CT River-sspx0130.jpg   Week Nights on the CT River-sspx0134small.jpg   Week Nights on the CT River-sspx0139small.jpg  

Old 09-28-2006, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Thanks Lightspeed for the suggestions....
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey Guys,
I've got a new prop to test on the way.
Anyone want to come play next Wednesday or Thursday?
Old 10-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Registered

Ok, I hit 70.1 on the GPS this saturday, but I didn't look at the Tach. I was planning on doing more running around and getting a good look at the tach at top speed, but then the shifter cable gave way and I could only go backwards!

Luckily I was at a marina. They started to work on it to determine what was wrong. They decided it wasn't a shift fork or anything, but that it needed a cable. The downside of that was that I have a drive lock and the key for it was in my storage unit about 50 miles away by car! Double . I would have been back in the water Saturday otherwise. The mechanic is off until tomorrow. I am running the key over in the morning and they should get her going. I've had her for about 4 weeks now. I guess I was due for something to break!

I'm still thinking I didn't get any more than 4800 rpm at 70.1. I pulled the throttle back after I saw 70.1 as there were some cruiser waves coming up. I may have seen 71 if I held out long enough. It just seems to creeeep up once it hits about 67 - 68. Once I get an rpm reading to go with the top end, I guess I'll know for sure what I need to do prop wise.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Ok, I hit 70.1 on the GPS this saturday, but I didn't look at the Tach. I was planning on doing more running around and getting a good look at the tach at top speed, but then the shifter cable gave way and I could only go backwards!
I'm still thinking I didn't get any more than 4800 rpm at 70.1. I pulled the throttle back after I saw 70.1 as there were some cruiser waves coming up. I may have seen 71 if I held out long enough. It just seems to creeeep up once it hits about 67 - 68. Once I get an rpm reading to go with the top end, I guess I'll know for sure what I need to do prop wise.
Hey Jay,
Are you still running that 25p Mirage + ?
Your numbers are exactly what I had when my boat was powered by a modified 7.4MPI. 67-68mph @ 4600-4700 rpm most days with a few runs at 70mph @ 4800 rpm.
My modified 7.4MPI made about 340HP at the prop.
With 385HP you should be able to spin her up to 5000rpm with a 25p 3 blade running light.
Check the engine and decide if you are going to rebuild/upgrade before buying another prop.

Hopefully, I'll have some test data on a new 4 blade later this week...

Quick Reply: Week Nights on the CT River

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.