Getting Ready !!!!

Notices

Getting Ready !!!!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,064 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
I went for my first run yesterday. The only project for me so far this year is a new GPS.
I hope that wasnt your top speed. lol Looks Great!
Old 04-10-2007, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my boat back from the fiberglass guy yesterday. Now if the weather will cooperate, I get her running in the next week or two.
Old 04-23-2007, 06:56 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

She runs!
I finally made some time to work on my boat yesterday. First I tried to fix the lights on my trailer buy changing the plug, but one side still doesn't work. I hate working on trailer lights...
Dragged her down to the gas station a pumped in 40gal of fresh 89. Changed the cap, rotor, fuel filter, and hooked up the battery. Turned the key and she fired instantly. Gotta love MPI...
Next, I need to change the plugs, sea pump impeller, and mount the out-drive...
Old 04-23-2007, 07:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Pat McPherson;2102662]She runs!
I finally made some time to work on my boat yesterday. First I tried to fix the lights on my trailer buy changing the plug, but one side still doesn't work. I hate working on trailer lights...

Yeah!

Trailers ALWAYS seem to need work, no fun. I didn't get out this weekend, Jimmy Buffett was here Saturday and the winds/seas were way up on Sunday (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!). JB concert was AWESOME. Fins Up!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Ok Pat, you're ahead of me now! I had to clean the garage this weekend. 2 days, and I'm still not completely finished! It is almost done though. I had to get the place in top shape to fit in my air compressor. I will be working on the boat this weekend doing the tune up and all. I ordered my steering kit, but that won't be here until next week some time. Hopefully that won't take too long to install. I need to pick up an impeller kit as well.

It's almost time to get wet!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhawk261
Ok Pat, you're ahead of me now! I had to clean the garage this weekend. 2 days, and I'm still not completely finished! It is almost done though. I had to get the place in top shape to fit in my air compressor. I will be working on the boat this weekend doing the tune up and all. I ordered my steering kit, but that won't be here until next week some time. Hopefully that won't take too long to install. I need to pick up an impeller kit as well.

It's almost time to get wet!!!!!!!!!!!
What power do you have in your boat? Did you buy Ozone's boat?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 AM
Registered

Mine is Sean Dutra's old boat. It is a 454 Mag MPI with CMI Elbow Top headers. This season I'm adding internal hydraulic steering as it had external already, and I'm toying with 1.8 roller rockers. I bought the studs, but I haven't bought the rockers yet. I am actually waiting to buy the rockers until I have access to some warehouses. As a side project, I am opening up a small parts business. It will be engine parts, car & truck accessories and the like. If you need anything, maybe I can help.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Mine is Sean Dutra's old boat. It is a 454 Mag MPI with CMI Elbow Top headers. This season I'm adding internal hydraulic steering as it had external already, and I'm toying with 1.8 roller rockers. I bought the studs, but I haven't bought the rockers yet. I am actually waiting to buy the rockers until I have access to some warehouses. As a side project, I am opening up a small parts business. It will be engine parts, car & truck accessories and the like. If you need anything, maybe I can help.
Cool! My boat originally had a 454 Mag MPI.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered

Ok, did the Tune up today and started with a compression test. I did every cylinder but number 8. The header flange was too big there to allow the compression tester tool to connect to the fitting. The numbers were as follows:

1) 155psi
2) 155psi
3) 160psi
4) 150psi
5) 150psi
6) 157psi
7) 150psi
8) ??

They look to be within good tolerance to me, and they seem to be good numbers for a 454 mag MPI with a few hours on it. I don't think I've got any real internal issues to worry about right now. She should be good for another season at least.

I pulled the raw water pump. The lower hose took FOREVER and a lot of removed skin to get off. It was almost glued in place. I'll change our the impeller tomorrow and get it back in place. I think I need new cooling hoses as mine are a bit stiff and non-pliable. I can do that in a few weeks though.

Hopefully with new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, etc... she'll run like new!

Almost ready to dunk!!
Old 04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Ok, did the Tune up today and started with a compression test. I did every cylinder but number 8. The header flange was too big there to allow the compression tester tool to connect to the fitting. The numbers were as follows:

1) 155psi
2) 155psi
3) 160psi
4) 150psi
5) 150psi
6) 157psi
7) 150psi
8) ??

They look to be within good tolerance to me, and they seem to be good numbers for a 454 mag MPI with a few hours on it. I don't think I've got any real internal issues to worry about right now. She should be good for another season at least.

I pulled the raw water pump. The lower hose took FOREVER and a lot of removed skin to get off. It was almost glued in place. I'll change our the impeller tomorrow and get it back in place. I think I need new cooling hoses as mine are a bit stiff and non-pliable. I can do that in a few weeks though.

Hopefully with new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, fuel filter, etc... she'll run like new!

Almost ready to dunk!!
Well what did #8 read?

I did get my drive mounted yesterday so splashing next weekend is not out of the question. I still have a long to do list though...

Quick Reply: Getting Ready !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.