Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
O2 Scene, here are the pics of your build !!! >

O2 Scene, here are the pics of your build !!!

Notices

O2 Scene, here are the pics of your build !!!

Old 03-23-2007, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by H2oscene
I had jc put in the bare basics, the hp525, full dual hydr steering, 380 sk tabs, some type of lab finished prop which is still up in the air (would like maybe a left???),stainless sea strainer by jc perfofmance, gps that ill never learn to use, depth finder, stainless rub rail ect... the hull, deck and air scoop hatch to be white, windscreens to be black, interior white and blue, gauges and grabrails blue to match the 525
Sounds great and welcome!! LOL at Rick and his "too many foomes"!!!
Old 03-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Babylon Hmmmmm. Did You Say Just The Bare Basics, Sound Pretty Good To Me 525/dual Ram Steering/ 380 Tabs. Niceeeee. The Gps With Map Is A No Brainer For New Boaters. I Would Recommend Staying Away From Any Lab Finish Props. The 30,s Like Cup. Run Aground Once In The Great South Bay And You Lab Jub Is Junk. Labbing Thins The Blades Too Much. Back to the motor. Merc gets crazy money for motors. Being from babylon their are lots of great motor builders that can give you more power and save you money. Just to name a few Mcbetts-MRD-JC performance-Zul-Jeff at S&K Speed. All top notch builders who will stand by their work.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 03-23-2007 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

ahhh, the good old custom or stock debate... one of my favs.

So far sounds like all the right options... gonna be a sweet ride.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:30 AM
Registered

I spent lots of time also with the stock merc vs custom motor debate and my right side beat my left side and the hp525 won, also considered and almost got a 496ho then in the future trick that up but....... as far as props go the boat is going to hit sand, but kinda like top end also... so im still not sure what props gonna go on....... the boat should run good with the new bottom that john and rick have created with any number of props... gonna go with all the imput from all the advice I get from the guys in the know...
Old 03-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Smart choice to go with Merc Racing, the 525 is the work horse of the go fast boats, you should think about mercs Smartcraft system if its in your budget. I have it in my Y2K and I love it. The system ( smartcraft ) tells you every thing on board ( over 80 types of info ).
Attached Thumbnails O2 Scene, here are the pics of your build !!!-superbabi-land-005-medium-.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Your lucky if you see 1-2 on the top end with a lab prop. And your going to also loose some midrange. Stock bravo worked best for me. Never tried a hydromotive. Throttle Up has a new interesting Prop, Called a Barracuda. Looks promising.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can't go wrong with the Merc products. For sure you could have a custom built engine that would make far more power for the same $$ but...
As far as props, the Bravo one 4 blade and Hydro P5X 5 blade seem to be the props of choice on the Y2K hulls.
Good Luck and welcome to the Superboat family...
Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Registered

I had the bravo one 4-blade on my last boat and their price is reasonable... but the hydromotive P5X would be the prop that I would like (the looks alone are just cause) but as JC says if I want a left prop they are not readily available for testing, this is the prop that I am most interested in comparing... As far as the barracuda prop I dont know that one but Ill definately check into it... Thanks Pat, by the way, this is my second SUPERBOAT, I had a custom 24 that had the deck lenghtened after market ,it was an 80s boat that I about 10 yrs ago for 2 seasons so it is actually a welcome back to superboat
Old 03-24-2007, 08:35 AM
Registered

scanned a picture of my first superboat with the lenghtened deck thought it might be interesting

Last edited by H2oscene; 09-24-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:46 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

h2o, pretty slick, looks like an excalibur sport.

Quick Reply: O2 Scene, here are the pics of your build !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.