Y2K/Arneson

Notices

Y2K/Arneson

Old 07-23-2007, 11:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
Unfortunately, the notch is too large to mount the Arneson without modifying it.

The Arneson would mount too high to be correct.

What is your propeller shaft height in comparison to the bottom of the boat?
This does not sound like an easy unbolt and bolt up conversion.

Hey G., new hull for 2008?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
See a picture is worth a thousand words !! Rick see how high the drain plug is in the back ! The bottoms pretty thick ! If the notch was filled would the thickness of the floor still be a problem for bolting on the box ?
Not really. Our standoff box does not mount the bottom of the boat. Close but not the bottom.

Depending upon the transom angle, the height of the box will be some 3" off the bottom of the boat.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
3-1/2 to 4 inches.
That is deep.

By example: a 382 Formula has a 2.5-3" below the bottom depth.

I've heard the Superboat 30' needs a lot of bow lift. The best way to make this work would be an insert in the mold to add some Rocker to the bottom. Then the boat would run as good as it looks.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
That is deep.

I've heard the Superboat 30' needs a lot of bow lift. The best way to make this work would be an insert in the mold to add some Rocker to the bottom. Then the boat would run as good as it looks.
Superboat did modify the steps in mold/hull last year. The new design has proved to run much faster.
There are (2) 2007 30' Supers powered by a Merc 525EFI Bravo XR running 83-84mph. That is up from the old 30' that topped out at 78-79mph with the same 525.
I'd say the new 30' hull is dialed in...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rik, thanks for jumping into this thread. I am sure Rick ( Superboat shop mananger ) will step in with some ideas. After all if I go surface drive and any mods are needed to my Y2K hull bottom it will be Rick who does the work. Thanks again Gary
Old 07-23-2007, 11:10 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

No problem.

I want everyone to go into things with a wide open point of view, not just the rumors of a friend of a friend who has a cousin somewhere who...

A 5 mph increase in speed is a huge jump in a bottom design.

This "Rick" person should know what they have done to accomplish the speed gains and should be able to convey what you would have to do to see these gains.

As I stated, the drive can take what ever power you build, you will not have any problems docking, steering or running. I don't feel getting on plane will be a concern either.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Garry,
Have you broken a drive? If not then why are you wanting to spend so much money? I don't get it. I'm on two seasons with 800hp and a XR in the same boat. Ya maybe it will break some day and I will have to spend 4k to fix it.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
Garry,
Have you broken a drive? If not then why are you wanting to spend so much money? I don't get it. I'm on two seasons with 800hp and a XR in the same boat. Ya maybe it will break some day and I will have to spend 4k to fix it.
It's called the need for speed !!
Old 07-24-2007, 05:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTERDAMITT
Garry,
Tom, I did a rebuild on the xr over the winter. I am thinking about the surface drive for not only the bigger hp I can put in the boat, but for perhaps a speed gain with the surface drive system ???
Old 07-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
That is deep.

Rik,
Thanks for coming to the thread. This is a project that I would love to see take place.
As Pat said, I redesigned the steps a year and a half ago. Going from 3 to 2 steps. I removed the forward step and designed a picklefork step for the rear step, which I also incorporated a rocker into. The new bottom is going 5-6 MPH faster then the first generation Y2K's.
I have a few questions.
You said the Formula's shafts are 2.5-3" under the bottom. If you bolted your ASD6 drive, w/extension box, where would the shaft height be ?
If I'm not mistaken, Gary's (Superbabi) shaft is approx 4" under the bottom. Since his shaft is deeper then the Formula to start with, wouldn't he have no problem ??
Also.Compared to a Bravo gimble housing, and using the same holes. How much lower does the ASD6 extension box extend ? I believe Gary has approx 3-3.5 inches under his housing.
Attached Thumbnails Y2K/Arneson-imag0020-large-.jpg   Y2K/Arneson-imag0027-large-.jpg   Y2K/Arneson-dscn0018-large-.jpg  

Last edited by FX10; 07-24-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Y2K/Arneson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.