Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Y2K/Arneson >

Y2K/Arneson

Notices

Y2K/Arneson

Old 07-24-2007, 05:57 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

RIK the new bottom is introducing some more air to the bottom to free it up abit. The idea was not to fly the boat on the last 2 feet of the boat like a hydrosteam, That would be real bad in rough water, but to free up the bottom keeping some lenght in the water so it can run fast a stable in rough water. Although I havent been in a new one YET!
As far as steering the Arneson has the same turning radious as the bravo lock to lock, say 90* ? I know the props pretty far off the back . And going fast I see it a plus but around the dock I see a minus. For Gary it would be like docking a 35 footer with a single ! Wind catching the bow ! Breakout the bumpers ! OUCH
Old 07-24-2007, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
RIK the new bottom is introducing some more air to the bottom to free it up abit. The idea was not to fly the boat on the last 2 feet of the boat like a hydrosteam, That would be real bad in rough water, but to free up the bottom keeping some lenght in the water so it can run fast a stable in rough water. Although I havent been in a new one YET!
As far as steering the Arneson has the same turning radious as the bravo lock to lock, say 90* ? I know the props pretty far off the back . And going fast I see it a plus but around the dock I see a minus. For Gary it would be like docking a 35 footer with a single ! Wind catching the bow ! Breakout the bumpers ! OUCH
Mike, Gary's lucky enough to live on one of these 100' wide canals which has a fork in it 2 houses back from his. Turning and docking isn't a problem. Plenty of room there.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:35 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am sorry, but I cannot follow the logic that the drive being longer makes the boat more difficult to dock in the wind when the drive is below the water line.

The boat size does not change, and anything under the water is not affected by the wind.

In fact, the longer the drive, the more mechanical leverage the drive has and hence the reason that my drives are docking and steering better than their I/O counterparts.

As for propeller centerline, with a surface drive, the propeller shaft will be at the water level, or around 4" higher than it currently is with this Bravo setup.

The engine would stay in its same location, I do not know the center distance between a Bravo input/output so I do not know where it currently resides.

But, our standoff box is the starting point in our install and it mounts in the area where the notch is so that is what I am referring to when looking at the photos.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
As for propeller centerline, with a surface drive, the propeller shaft will be at the water level, or around 4" higher than it currently is with this Bravo setup.

The engine would stay in its same location, I do not know the center distance between a Bravo input/output so I do not know where it currently resides.
For a Bravo 1 drive, the CL distance between the engine crank shaft an the prop shaft is slightly under 23 inches.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rik post some picks of a single engine application please something other than crazy georges donzi !
Old 07-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

I do not have many photos as no one ever sends a photo for some reason.

I will ask the customers for them.
Attached Thumbnails Y2K/Arneson-p1010085.jpg  
Old 07-24-2007, 02:51 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

wow, those arneson tabs look like they keep things real steady!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rik, thats a real nice set up !!!! How much HP going into the drive ??
Old 07-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

I am not certain of the power, I think it had somewhere between 1000-1200.

Know motor made over 1250 on the dyno but I do not know how much he took out of it.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Rik, thats a real nice set up !!!!
I agree...
What kind of boat?
It looks like a 7' beam like ours.

Quick Reply: Y2K/Arneson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.