2004 30-y2k

Notices

2004 30-y2k

Old 08-31-2007, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by krakmeup
Bolting on a whipple is fine (I've done two sets of twin 496's personally on brand X boats where the owners know only two throttle positions and the second one is WOT- both these boats are running without fail, abusive use, and well into 100-200 hours on the blowers with NO FAILURES - the caveat is boost level and being sure fuel pressure is properly maintained at reasonable levels, e.g boost under 5-6 psi).

I probably will bolt on a large whipple (but tune to low boost levels) this winter to my 250+ hour 496, run it till she pukes, then build other power to match the larger sized whipple.
Well Keith, you have the experience. When you do your install, will you pull the engine out? Are you sure you don't want to at least change those cast pistons for forged? You will be changing the head gaskets, right?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Not to sir things up G, but in today's market, I don't believe that either of your boats are worth anywhere near 90K.
i think that boat is absolutely gorgeous and also agree with you.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You Can Ask Any Price But Its What The Market Will Bear,, Look At My Boat Its A 2006 I Have Well Over 100K Into It Runs 106MPH Only Got 6 Hrs On It, Its A Beautiful Package And I Cant Get 70 K For It, .The Market On boats Is In The Toilet. Maybe Next Year Who Knows ???
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

its a shame without a doubt. but having bought and sold a few boats in my time, i've actually based a few purchases on the ability to re-sell when the time came. on the east coast its all about, Sea ray, formula, baja etc...try to sell a DCB or the like west coast boat out here...NO SHOT. Lightspeeds Kryp as well as a few others for sale ARE STEALS when it comes down to what it would cost to duplicate. i coulda gotten a deal on Jmemoli's old 28 pantera...the boat was gorgeous and needed nothing but was affraid of how hard it would be to re-sell or how much $$ i'd lose when it came time...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Well Keith, you have the experience. When you do your install, will you pull the engine out? Are you sure you don't want to at least change those cast pistons for forged? You will be changing the head gaskets, right?
No need to pull the engine, as we've done these jobs from the top side without even cracking in to the heads. That's also why I wouldn't do new pistons - if I did that, I wouldn't stop there but go ahead and do a full rebuild. My real life experience around my area shows the 496s are pretty tough, within reason (just like how a Bravo drive can handle above 600 hp, if care is taken). The shop I worked for and deal with today has seen very few 496 issues, but the hours on them are just now getting higher (300+), so time will tell. I figure I will be building new power in 2008 for spring '09 install, so that will put me between 300-400 hours with the final ~150 being whippled. I expect to see ~85 mph and then who knows what I'll build. Looking at 572 and 598 packages, and stay around 650hp and my bravo perhaps. If I go too big I'll need Rick to send me an engine hatch with a hole in it, or get out my air saw......
Old 09-01-2007, 06:51 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by lightspeed
You Can Ask Any Price But Its What The Market Will Bear,, Look At My Boat Its A 2006 I Have Well Over 100K Into It Runs 106MPH Only Got 6 Hrs On It, Its A Beautiful Package And I Cant Get 70 K For It, .The Market On boats Is In The Toilet. Maybe Next Year Who Knows ???
Your correct John, bad market for the seller, Great Market For The Buyer With CASH. Same stuff going on with housing market, in the last year my waterfront home went down in value.
Old 09-01-2007, 09:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Superbabi
Your correct John, bad market for the seller, Great Market For The Buyer With CASH. Same stuff going on with housing market, in the last year my waterfront home went down in value.
i live in Beachwood..and do mortgages. have a lot of contracts coming in on homes in Bayville, Lacey and Lanoka. friend just purchased a waterfront in bayville, that was for sale last year for in the low 8's...he just paid 645 for it...the house was built in 2000 and sold for 525 when it was new...great time to buy. actually the market is coming back to normal pricing as the last 3-4 years all the housing prices have been unrealistically over inflated.
Old 09-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey this is Cary under axapowell's name.

First of all, the boat has ran a top speed of 86mph GPS in prerfect conditions, light fuel good air, ect....Low 80's every day. NO PROBLEMS at all.

This boat was rigged at SB by John and Myself. The ITS came from the factory.

As far as the Whipple...Dustin has been involved in this upgrade before I even bought the kit. He has been a great help keeping my set up reliable and fairly conservative. The Whipple has been on for 140 hours.

Price: You need to see this boat and review the list of add-ons...From the custom trailer to the ITS and the fact that it is a fresh water weekend only boat ...well you just need to see it. Perfect in every way,

Thanks for all the positive comments (and for Dave to post my boat for me), but if you would like to speak to me, even if you are not interested in purchasing my boat, I can be reached at 315-382-8828.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:46 PM
Registered

Anyone looking for a used Y2K at a resonable price will have to check with JC for an actual price of a New Y2K - Just got mine nicely rigged with the 525merc and paid well over a hundred...Materials and rigging is extremly expensive these days and other manufacturers are not as resonably priced as he is... Opening offer of $90K is high but chances are the serious buyer with cash on hand will not pay that...
Old 09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You never know what someone is willing to pay until you get an offer. I had a guy call me about my boat and was doing some comparison shopping. He was buying a local built late 80,s 29 with twin 300,s for 40k! Needed and interior and had faded red gelcoat. He thought the gelcoat could be brought back easily HA HA and the interior would cost about 1500 LOL. I never saw the boat but did own a red boat and the only way to bring it back was to paint it. Big bucks. The point is someone he trusted said it was a good deal so he was buying the boat. So you never know!! Someone could look on line tommorow see 2 black 30,s and say one,s 129k and the other is 90k for the same boat and sold. Not really the same but you never know. Anyway good luck with the sale.

Quick Reply: 2004 30-y2k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.