Notices

CT River Run, Oct. 20th

Old 10-22-2007, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
Glad there were no serious injuries!

I let my daughter sit in the front most of the time and this type of scenario always looms in my mind.

If your boat is considered "totalled" usually the insurance company will let you buy it back for the salvage value.
Hi Dave,
I'm quite sure that you would not push the envelope like I was with your kids in the boat.
Yes, the insurance company said that I could keep the boat for the salvage value. We'll just have to see what that number is.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Boat ???

I cant believe it. Mine wasn't glassed in the bow. I always thought they all were.
Mine wasnt built by Rick either but like I said I always thought ALL SUPERBOATS were.

Old 10-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Constrction Methods: The hull and deck are glassed together at the bump rail ....

Bash is gonna just have to do something about that ....

Old 10-22-2007, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SUPERBASH
Constrction Methods: The hull and deck are glassed together at the bump rail ....

Bash is gonna just have to do something about that ....
Yup, if I were you, I'd be having JC and Rick take care of that.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Registered

Oh Yeah. You bet I am.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:39 PM
Registered

Wow Pat!! I just read this thread for the first time in a few days! We're glad you guys are ok. I think I would have $hit myself in that situation! We are a long ways a way, but if we can help out in any way, please let me know. Take it easy and let everything heal before you get too active.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My 30,s not glassed in the very front either!! My guess is because the deck hardware lights/cleats where installed before the 2 went together !! Now going around is tough in a very confined space. It,s on my winter project list now. Always knew about it but never gave it any thought !!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:08 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Pat,
Just read the post, WOW!! Glad your OK. You really wern't kidding when you told me you've broken every boat you've had. I hope you feel better soon, physically and mentally.
Tom
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow Pat!!! So glad to hear you two are alright. Very scary, and yes, it can happen to anyone out there, for sure. Pictures will say thousands of words, but for now its time to reflect and be grateful, as you said. I've been away on business for several days and just found this thread......take care and keep us updated.

Keith & Ruth Ann
Old 10-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

This is how Rick glassed the Hull to the Deck... The deck is thru bolted to the Hull, The Rub Rails white base is screwed and thru bolted thru the deck and hull, then the stainless Steel rail is screwed and thru bolted thru the deck and hull Finally the inside of the hull/deck joint is glassed over and then gelcoated... Lots of Stainless Steel... The white plastic rails which are less money are only a single screw process with about half the screws and thru bolts...
Attached Thumbnails CT River Run, Oct. 20th-10-23-07-1-.jpg   CT River Run, Oct. 20th-10-23-07-2-.jpg   CT River Run, Oct. 20th-10-23-07-7-.jpg  

Quick Reply: CT River Run, Oct. 20th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.