The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

Notices

The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

Old 03-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
My money this year is on Zul 1st Turbine 2nd Rob 3rd and myself 4th. Whats the vig on this one ?
What power does Zul have ???
Old 03-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Registered

I'll just keep running until the other guys blow their engines.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I wonder what reduction Jet Set has???,and Superboat,i have the winning combo 4 u ,the BLUE BOTTLE hahaha tripps ps go do some sandin haha
Old 03-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tripps
I wonder what reduction Jet Set has???,and Superboat,i have the winning combo 4 u ,the BLUE BOTTLE hahaha tripps ps go do some sandin haha
Not trying to be mean. But I think Zul is going to get "SPANKED" soooooo bad, he's going to build a 1500HP motor. And as Dino said "we'll see who blows first."
BTW, Dino. I apologise. I just did the calculations with respect to the ratios of a #6 running 1.50 gears. Seems that, since your drive is a "ZERO" effort, and is running direct drive, 1:1 your going to do some major spanking. I like Ritchie, but I don't think he will be able to come close. No where near close. Just my opinion.

Tripps,
Jet set probably has the same 6000 reduction box. Then again .... Jet Set does around 200.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered

Rick,

No need to apologize. I'm anxious to see how this boat really runs but I think it will be a strong performer. Turbines have their advantages and disadvantages. One thing is for sure, it will probably take a while to get the prop and weight distribution dialed in since we are dealing with a new set up.

That, and I'm not sure if I have the cojones to run 120+ mph on the water, although I've got a buddy who would. I'll do 180 mph in a car without blinking an eye, but on the water is a whole different animal.

Dino
Old 03-15-2008, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Zul,s power is actually quite modest ! Im sure it makes good power for inch of the motor. He could go to the shelf and make any power he wants. I dont think he.s like that, hes more of a run what you brung guy. As far as the turbine im sure the boat will be number 1 some day but this year and I stress this year my money,s on Zuls boat !
Dinos rite about speed being different on water, Its a new ride for him and he,s going to need some time to get comfortable.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 03-15-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rick ever make a hatch for the turbine ? I did see the air insert but never noticed the hatch !
Anybody else have problems with OSO and keep getting knocked off !! Started about 2 weeks ago. If i dont type fast enough im out !!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

MIke,
We have to wait till all the exhaust plumbing is done before we make the hach.
And no for OSO problems.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FX10
Dino,
I have a question about the gear reduction box on the turbine. I know the one you have reduces the Turbines RPM's to 6000.
Is it possible to get one the reduces to 7000RPM ?
The reason I'm asking is because there are some boats out there running big motors, such as On The Chip. I believe Curtis's motors are capable of turning well over 7K. They were built by Jeff Cropper, J C Performance. As far as the additional 1000RPM. I don't see the turbine having a problem with the torque needed for the xtra RPM. And it might yield more MPH.
As for props. Jeff has quite a few props for #6 drives. He brought one by for initial testing. I'm sure if Skippy doesn't have the props needed, Jeff could help you out with the dialing in. Jeff is one of the most experienced drivers in a single engine performance boat going over 100.
If i put Superboat badges on my Activator, can i be a part of this.Thanks Rick for the kind words
Old 03-15-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Whats up Jeff! I was telling Dino he should have you do the dialing in. Hell, your 32 Activator with a single is waaaaay up there in speed. And you know the hull characteristics of the Y2K. Pm Dino and see if can work.

Quick Reply: The ultimate Battle on he Bay, between Y2K's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.