Swim platforms on 24' SB >

Swim platforms on 24' SB

Notices

Swim platforms on 24' SB

Old 03-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Swim platforms on 24' SB

I was wondering if anybody put a swim platform bracket on a 24SB before. I have a 225 Merc on a 6" setback.The boat is a 1983:I had it repainted ,new double steering,seats,bah,bah,bah(its only money and you cant put it in your box when your dead)I use it on the CT river and sometimes go to the sound(old Lime).Great riding boat and can take some waves.... The only thing is when boarding and doing water sports its a ***** getting back in the boat!!!!!!I know stainless marine makes them, but I dont know if that is to much setback.If you could help that would be great.The boats under wraps til spring then I'll send some pics!!!
Old 03-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am thinking the same thing for the Pantera, check armstrong brackets also.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:22 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Devo24,
I ran a 24' Super on the CT River for the last 5 years.
There are a lot more guys on Scream and Fly that can answer your setup questions concerning an outboard powered 24 Super.
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forums/
Good Luck with your project and we'll see you on the River come Spring...
Old 03-05-2008, 06:23 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Stainless Marine will make anything you want.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

DEVO I assume you have that boat for its ride qualty especially in the ruff which is what they do best and fly pretty level ,family friendly on other hand ,but no dont do it its too much set back it would change the attitude of the boat especially with todays heavy motors i would try lookn up those venders that make those shortys that can go on either side of motor they make nunber of lengths widths and colors
Old 03-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by supper
DEVO I assume you have that boat for its ride qualty especially in the ruff which is what they do best and fly pretty level ,family friendly on other hand ,but no dont do it its too much set back it would change the attitude of the boat especially with todays heavy motors i would try lookn up those venders that make those shortys that can go on either side of motor they make nunber of lengths widths and colors
most motor brackets have flotation which offsets the weight of the heavy motor, the Armstrong actually extends the vee, making the running surface longer also
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Extended running surface sounds like its going to hold the nose down
Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Registered

flotation is only going to help when the boat is not on plane and as it just sits in water, not when your running on plane and weight is weight on the back, when your flying the boat what would floatation do in mid air the weight effects the attitude of the boat maybe not on a real heavy boat
Old 03-07-2008, 04:59 AM
Registered

Thats what I was worried about was the major change in the boats attitude....(not to mention trashing a custom swim platform because it dosent work)Thats why I'm checking with you guys!!!!!Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by supper
flotation is only going to help when the boat is not on plane and as it just sits in water, not when your running on plane and weight is weight on the back, when your flying the boat what would floatation do in mid air the weight effects the attitude of the boat maybe not on a real heavy boat
That sounds logical, I didnt think about when being airborne

Quick Reply: Swim platforms on 24' SB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.