Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
New York State Taxes are insane!!!!!!!! >

New York State Taxes are insane!!!!!!!!

Notices

New York State Taxes are insane!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New York State Taxes are insane!!!!!!!!

I don't know about you guys. But I've about had it here in New York. We are the most over taxed state in the country( $ 10,300.00n property tax for 90' X 100'). Why? Corruption in the legislature? Thats putting it mildly. All going down to the county level, and the spending with corruption will never stop.
Today, they added another $ 1.25 per pack tax on ciggarets, on top of the $ 3.25 they ware taxing. $ 5.00 a pack in taxes!!! WTF !!!!!
Just because there isn't something in the Constitution that states. " You cannot exceed the cost of the product in taxes" Means we all get F%cked!!!! Maybe the Constitution needs to be re written in modern times, not 200+ years ago. Like when there was only 300 people a square mile.
The Government is getting OUT of control with TAXES.
Lets tax smokers as a deterrent to stoop smoking! What a crock of bull****!!! Lets put another 836 million dollars in our pockets. This state doesn't give a bull about you, or your health. It only cares about making more money for itself. I'm ready to move to North Carolina. Where the Government is still uncorrupted. IMO.
I didn't even get into the gas taxes in the State ( highest in the country), Why should we be RAPED by the STATE again. The GAS tax is out of control!!!!!. Soo STUPID that North Carolina also listened to the state" you could make your state 982 million dollars in revinue". It all comes down to GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plain and simple.
Remember the Bostom Tea Party? When the people were soo discusted with the taxes?
Whats it gonna take before the GOVERNMENT breaks our hard working backs!!!!!! How much morrre can we take???
Sick to My Stomack Over New York Taxes!!!!!!

Last edited by FX10; 06-03-2008 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some body is pissed off. Rick, its a known fact the tri-state area is the most expensive places to live in the country.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Gary I think my school tax alone is like 7500. My taxes are over 10 and im on 40x100. Its going to cost more for kindergarden then college. Remember all the laywers getting monster pension and not even really working for the school. I was in NJ sunday and did see gas at $3.75 and I thought what a deal. Isnt it sad when 375 is good. What can joe public dooooo. Take oil off the stock market and we will be back to 1.25 a gallon.You know people are going to die this winter coming because their going to have to choose between food and heat.
Hey Rick remember the movie MAD MAX with the oil tanker ?? Thats going to be us soon !!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Holy Crap!
It's time to move off the island for sure! Most of my wife's family has moved from LI here to CT or to FLA.
I thought the fact that our taxes had more than doubled in the 9 years we've lived in our house, we had it bad...
We have a small 1600 square foot house on 2 acres; $3200 per year. People that are on the water do pay a lot more, but that is based on the value being greater...
Old 06-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I guess you could say this is the end of Middle Class as we know it.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, no wonder i can't afford a boat!
Good thing i don't smoke.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Good thing i don't smoke.
Ciggarets anyway...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have a crazy idea, stop smoking. The rest of the crap you cant do anything about, ( I mean if you still want to live on LI ), but the smoking thing we do have control over. So stop. Anyway I feel better now
Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by FX10
I don't know about you guys. But I've about had it here in New York. We are the most over taxed state in the country( $ 10,300.00n property tax for 90' X 100'). Why? Corruption in the legislature? Thats putting it mildly. All going down to the county level, and the spending with corruption will never stop.
Today, they added another $ 1.25 per pack tax on ciggarets, on top of the $ 3.25 they ware taxing. $ 5.00 a pack in taxes!!! WTF !!!!!
Just because there isn't something in the Constitution that states. " You cannot exceed the cost of the product in taxes" Means we all get F%cked!!!! Maybe the Constitution needs to be re written in modern times, not 200+ years ago. Like when there was only 300 people a square mile.
The Government is getting OUT of control with TAXES.
Lets tax smokers as a deterrent to stoop smoking! What a crock of bull****!!! Lets put another 836 million dollars in our pockets. This state doesn't give a bull about you, or your health. It only cares about making more money for itself. I'm ready to move to North Carolina. Where the Government is still uncorrupted. IMO.
I didn't even get into the gas taxes in the State ( highest in the country), Why should we be RAPED by the STATE again. The GAS tax is out of control!!!!!. Soo STUPID that North Carolina also listened to the state" you could make your state 982 million dollars in revinue". It all comes down to GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plain and simple.
Remember the Bostom Tea Party? When the people were soo discusted with the taxes?
Whats it gonna take before the GOVERNMENT breaks our hard working backs!!!!!! How much morrre can we take???
Sick to My Stomack Over New York Taxes!!!!!!

Well that's a mouthfull, and very true. Here's another thing to ponder................Why shouldn't they throw a good stiff tax on the big Macs and Biggie Fries? Couple bucks to the State to Super Size it? The reality here is that the cost to society, we taxpayers, is greater for overweight/obesity related health problems than the cost of cigarette related problems.

New York State has some serious problems to deal with, but hey, we can't blame the new Gov just because he can't see it.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:40 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Ciggarets anyway...
well, if they taxed that, then it'd be easy to get the hands on the good stuff, plus the gov't would have lossa $$$.

Quick Reply: New York State Taxes are insane!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.