Cappie

Old 08-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Video looks great. God bless stay well.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

JIm, glad to see your feeling good. And I have to say, that is one of the best videos I have ever seen of a Y2K. I love the way the camera is mounted high. Much better view.
Cancer is a tough one. Had Lymphatic cancer myself when I was a kid. Started when I was 9, and came back when I was 16. I haven't had a problem since. And I'm pushing 50 now. Keep the faith.

Last edited by FX10; 08-29-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:34 AM
Registered

Hey Ric,
I will come visit you, I hope to do some glass work this winter and ill talk to jc about some prices, and im still thinking (dreaming)of a arneson. I know many have doubts but I think it could be the ticket to going triple digits without HUGE horsepower.
I hav tons of great video I will post more when i get around to it
That angle was possible by strapping my son to the bow
Old 08-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcap
Hey Ric,
I will come visit you, I hope to do some glass work this winter and ill talk to jc about some prices, and im still thinking (dreaming)of a arneson. I know many have doubts but I think it could be the ticket to going triple digits without HUGE horsepower.
I hav tons of great video I will post more when i get around to it
That angle was possible by strapping my son to the bow
LOL Did you through bolt him to the deck.
Jim, I'll take care of all your glass needs. Not to worry.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:06 AM
Registered

Velcro body suit borrowed from my friend David Letterman

Actually I have several cams mounted onboard. I design and build hi resoulotion video equipment for harsh industrial and government installations. I do some traffic cams on State highways as well as on lighthouses and commercial shipping( just installed an amazing system on a water tower in South Hampton can see to the connectiut river and zoom to see liscense plates on montauk highway). I have done a few installations on pleasure boats as well as a few racers and poker runners. I am trying to market a small system designed for boaters with an onboard DVR that has no moving parts stores to compact flash memory.
As for my glass work I want to eliminate canvas snaps that go around the cockpit ( alot of small holes to be filled) and new rubrail and then not sure to Paint or re-shoot gel ? Whats your opinion?
Jim
Old 08-29-2008, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jim im actualy thinking the same thing. keeping up the gelcoat can be a bit much. Maybe I need to just break down and clear it. Good to have you back on the board. Ct river HMMMM only if its going to be warm.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jim, please refresh my memory. What HP are/were you running at top speed? What drive are you using?
Old 08-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Registered

that is a freaking cold run! but thats half the fun

thanks for thinking of me mike! ill probably be out monday if your around id love to see the boat!
Hi Gary, I have had several motors in this hull, a fuel injected hp500 with a procharger supposedly 700 hp i think more like 600 ran mid 80s, an MRD 509 with small blower 90mph on a perfect day, bandit racing (Kurts Marine) 515ci and the current set up is from Wazzup racing(Smitty and son) 515ci blowershop 250 dynoed at around 740hp but i lowered the boost from 6psi to 4psi and changed carb from 1150 dominator to 1050.I always had XR drive but tried several lower , imco standard, shorty sportmaster, I am currently running XR with standard merc lower, p5xhydro and can run 87 88 with 5 adults and a full cooler. And yes i have become very good at rebuilding XRs I have eaten several racing, but as pleasure craft If your gentle they can survive but imo over 600hp they just arent reliable
Your turn! what ya got? prop, drive, hp? whats your mph?

you too mike where you at? prop selection must be a bi..h
Old 08-29-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jcap
that is a freaking cold run! but thats half the fun

thanks for thinking of me mike! ill probably be out monday if your around id love to see the boat!
Hi Gary, I have had several motors in this hull, a fuel injected hp500 with a procharger supposedly 700 hp i think more like 600 ran mid 80s, an MRD 509 with small blower 90mph on a perfect day, bandit racing (Kurts Marine) 515ci and the current set up is from Wazzup racing(Smitty and son) 515ci blowershop 250 dynoed at around 740hp but i lowered the boost from 6psi to 4psi and changed carb from 1150 dominator to 1050.I always had XR drive but tried several lower , imco standard, shorty sportmaster, I am currently running XR with standard merc lower, p5xhydro and can run 87 88 with 5 adults and a full cooler. And yes i have become very good at rebuilding XRs I have eaten several racing, but as pleasure craft If your gentle they can survive but imo over 600hp they just arent reliable
Your turn! what ya got? prop, drive, hp? whats your mph?

you too mike where you at? prop selection must be a bi..h
Jim, I remember seeing you Y2K at Wazzup a couple of years ago. My Y2K has a 800 EFI N/A Ron Potter motor ( dyoned at 806 ) We have not proped properly as of now. The best we saw was 92-93 on a beat up Herring 30" 5 blade 3 adults and a full tank of gas. We are thinking somewere around 96 mph on a 31" labbed 5 blade Herring. As for the " WEAK LINK " I am using my XR, rebuilt with all parts and a new upper case, put about 36 hours on the rebuilt. Looking to up grade this winter looking at the New Imco SCX ( heard they lose 5-7 mph) Also the Konrad. My most sparked intrest is the new Arneson thats Bravo style prop friendly. I like the A- Drive because of the big HP #s with the drive. And also the fact that the A-Drive may pick up the speed a bit. I'm thinking ata least 100 mph with my motor. What do you think Jim.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
Ct river HMMMM only if its going to be warm.
Come on Zup you've got those new deflectors.
I checked in over on Scream & Fly and others have been asking about the CT River Run too, but no official word from Rich Owen as of yet.
My best guess is that it will be on October 18th...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.