Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
24 Stepbottom Fuel Level Sender >

24 Stepbottom Fuel Level Sender

Notices

24 Stepbottom Fuel Level Sender

Old 06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Rick, Pat, and Elvis for the help! I talked to him and he said he's going to see how far up it is. Since I have no carpet, the inspection cover could be a toe killer! Rick, do you know if the sender should be centered or will it be off to one side maybe under the bolster. I'm sure it will be centered!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a problem with mine and it turned out to be almost centered under the rear seat. I cut a access hole fixed the wiring and put a access plate over the hole. I had to cut a small amount off the edge of the access place to get it to sit flat. 2005 Stepper
Old 06-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

HMMMM 2000 step bottom gas tank. Made by florida marine. Modified by who ??? I know who !! My access panel is in the middle of the floor and the bevel is so small never a problem.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Zup,
Did you install a new tank or fix the old?
Got to have you along on our Block trip this year.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been out of town for a while, so I don't know if he got it handled yet or not. I'll find out if he's found it yet and post up where it is .
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

PAT We decided that the welds were so bad to cut it open and see who did what and why. Thank goodness we did. The welds had no penetration at all to the inside. And the step in the tank was an actual bulkhead, good idea but with no penetration it didnt work to well. Also the bulkhead had no holes in it to transfer fuel from the front of the tank to the back. So when I drained the tank it had 20 gallons stuck in the front, to get it out the boat needed to be put on a steep angle for fuel to get over the top into the pickup area. What a mess it was. Been leaking probably since new but you can never really tell unless you totaly top off the tank and the tank bunges discolor from fuel. I always thought it was a fitting. so they got changed from time to time. that wasnt it , it was early step bottom boats that had tanks modified to fit the new notch. It didnt really cost to much to fix only a couple thousand and the loss of last summer. At least I can put my family back on the boat with confidence knowing its not a TIME BOMB.

Last edited by z.zuperboat; 06-14-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z.zuperboat
HMMMM 2000 step bottom gas tank. Made by florida marine. Modified by who ??? I know who !! My access panel is in the middle of the floor and the bevel is so small never a problem.
Gas tanks in the 24's aren't modified. Standard tank. Fuel sending unit on the ones we have in stock are around 16" from the rear of the tank, center.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FX10
Gas tanks in the 24's aren't modified. Standard tank. Fuel sending unit on the ones we have in stock are around 16" from the rear of the tank, center.
Hey Rick,
How about the tanks in the Y2Ks?
Are they, a "standard tank"?
It takes a talented welder to weld aluminum properly and after hearing Mike's story, the mods were done by a hack.
Not looking to hijack Jay’s thread or start a fight, but it sure seems like Superboat had some questionable techniques during the late 90s early 2000s.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pat McPherson
Hey Rick,
How about the tanks in the Y2Ks?
Are they, a "standard tank"?
It takes a talented welder to weld aluminum properly and after hearing Mike's story, the mods were done by a hack.
Not looking to hijack Jay’s thread or start a fight, but it sure seems like Superboat had some questionable techniques during the late 90s early 2000s.
Pat, the tanks in the Y2K are standard tanks, not modified. 98 gallons.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FX10
Pat, the tanks in the Y2K are standard tanks, not modified. 98 gallons.
Well that is good news.
Now I can again add the Y2K to the list of boats I would consider buying at some point in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.