Patchogue 2010

Notices

Patchogue 2010

Old 08-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fast Shafts
Dock Blood broke a motor mount. DNF
we were wondering what happened, we didn't see him coming around on the later laps ,sucks he broke down
Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sean, I can't even imagine driving home after the race. That water was so rough. And when the wind picked up to 45-50 mph and then the rain!!! Damn !!! I was lucky to be on those 50' barges. They didn't move much, but the waves were coming over the 5' sides once the wind picked up. After the third race I got my cousin Jeff on my boat, untied the 20' bow line and drove down the river 300' behind me to Mid Island Performance. Don from Reinforcer got me the last slip in the place for the night.
The ride home in the morning was no walk in the park either. 3+ footers all the way home, and 4+ footers off Hechscher and Bayshore. All in all. I had a great time.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM
KN
Registered

Who's white 30' Tempest is in post #5, that has to be one of the best looking boats ever, classic lines all white no bubble gummy graphics, Are there any more pictures of it?

Thanks
Old 08-26-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KN
Who's white 30' Tempest is in post #5, that has to be one of the best looking boats ever, classic lines all white no bubble gummy graphics, Are there any more pictures of it?

Thanks
I agree... thats an awesome boat.

Think its the zuperboat? (tempest deck and y2k hull)????

Whatever it is, I'd like to see more of it!!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

That Y2K is Zuperboat ( Mike ) a great looking boat !!! And Mike has always been one of the most respected sources of info. at the Superboat fourms.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the compliment Gary. Sometime I wound if I know what Im doing. The race for me was a bit crouded. We had 7 adults on the boat. Even with all that wind and rain we managed to stay semi dry. We did leave before the third race and the massive rain storm. We did get caught in the storm 2 weeks before ,rain and hail, drove rite into it at 50mph. it felt like quarters hitting my face, had 4 adults and 4 kids that day. The kids and wifes hid on the floor and my navigator and myself broke out the goggles.