Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Superboat
Winter upgrades: who's doing what? >

Winter upgrades: who's doing what?

Notices

Winter upgrades: who's doing what?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 AM
Registered

Received 565 Likes on 340 Posts

yeah...I would just delete the thread too...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:39 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowfiero88
Ouch! I have driven Nicks boat many times and it felt like a great boat. Tho with the light layup, its not as stout as my mate, I never felt like it was built like a Gayliner!!
When you quote someone you should include the entire statement.
I said MY 24' Superboat was built like a Bayliner.

Some people on here are far too sensitive. I am not bashing all Superboats only the one that I owned. I did have a vary negative experience with the boat and the company that built it. This is an open forum people. You are going to here both sides not just blue sky BS...
Have a Great Day!

Last edited by Pat McPherson; 01-05-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, first of all- I don't think my membership level alows me to delete a thread...

Pat has admitted that he messed up when he stuffed it in other threads.. also, its his opinion that his SB was not built up to snuff- I can respect that. He has in the past, and hopefully will continue to be in the future, a source of good info for us Superboat guys. Furthermore, he has never really said anything negative about other Superboats- in fact he's been pretty supportive of the brand overall, imo... I've pm'd Pat quite a bit in the past about my 24, because the problems I have seen in my boat are similar to his...

Rick has made his feelings more than clear about Pat's old 24 and the circumstances surrounding the accident. I hope that we'll still have him share his awesome builds with us in the future... its great to have a guy that buids them show off his work.

We are all adults and eveyone is entitled to thier opinions... I think this thread can move on from here... sound OK? I really would like to see/ hear about what everyone else is up to this winter with thier Superboats.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

One morning JC noticed something floating towards the deserted island that had become his home since the ship sank six months ago.

As the object came closer, he realized that it was a large barrel. He very soon thereafter realized that hanging on to the barrel was a very scantily clad woman. In fact she was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

Arriving on shore the woman left the barrel and slowly and suggestively walked towards JC. She whispered into JC's ear, " I have something you want!"

JC broke into a dead run towards to breaking waves yelling, "Don't tell me you've got Rum in that barrel!"

ps Rick the deserted Island is not a metaphor for Superboat ! LOL !
Old 01-05-2011, 05:53 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

ndaniels, I do believe a Thread starter can delete a thread ( Thread Tools ). As for Rick he has always been a Friend and a source of info to any Superboat owner. Rick has not always been in charge of the construction of all the Superboats. I really don't think is fair to have him defend an issue out of his control. Superboat makes a Great Product at a fair price. And with Rick on the builds you end up with an Awesome Product. I can only say if Rick does not post any longer on the Threads, All Superboat owners lose out. Just thinking out Loud.
Gary

Last edited by Superbabi; 01-05-2011 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by noli
Nick, it's been a few days since you posted some pics...any new ones yet? When will you drop the BBC back in?
No new ones at this time... gonna drop the motor back in around the end of this month- I think. Looks like glass should be done this week... but the roads are going to be bad due to some winter weather, so we probably will let it sit untill they clear up.

I am also planning on installing a better stereo, so if anyone has done a decent stereo in a 24 I'd like to hear about what kind of setup worked for you.. thinking about replacing the 4 6.5" with 4 6x9s and 4channel amp, along with a good head unit with a wired remote on the dash. I'm not much into stereos in boats...at all. I even talked about filling everything and removing it... lol - but its already got the speaker holes in there
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Registered

Found out the glass work is done yesterday.. stereo is next on the list..
Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by ndaniels
I am also planning on installing a better stereo, so if anyone has done a decent stereo in a 24 I'd like to hear about what kind of setup worked for you.. thinking about replacing the 4 6.5" with 4 6x9s and 4channel amp, along with a good head unit with a wired remote on the dash. I'm not much into stereos in boats...at all. I even talked about filling everything and removing it... lol - but its already got the speaker holes in there
I'm not big on stereos either. But, I replaced the original stereo with a Sony Automotive head w/4x50 watts) and 4 new marine speakers. I didn't want to cut the holes any bigger so I bought speakers that would fit. Well, sort of, I cut out some rings out of starboard and through bolted them to the cockpit liner. Then I lagged the speakers into the starboard ring. I have some pics somewhere, just have to find them.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 565 Likes on 340 Posts

Bose marine speakers sound nice
Attached Thumbnails Winter upgrades: who's doing what?-bose_131_in_box.jpg   Winter upgrades: who's doing what?-bose_131_inthebox.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I own an Audio Video store and I'll sale you anything you want cheaper then you can get it any ware else . If your not into music in a boat but you just want it to be a little more respectable put component sets in it and don't cut 6 x 9 in it ! The 6 x 9 is a thing of the past . A component will give you some mid base with a separate tweeter for you highs and a decent head unit will power them without a amp .
I give aftermarket takeout (non marine) radios to all my friends for their boats and they usually last about a year in the in the salt air , even in the cabin . You can get a nice marine radio starting at a couple hundred bucks .
PM me a budget and I'll get you the best bang for your buck !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.