21 Superboat I/O >

21 Superboat I/O

Notices

21 Superboat I/O

Old 07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
f77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 21 Superboat I/O

I just sold my Scarab and I am looking to move down to a smaller boat that I can trailer. I owned a 21 Shadow O/B years ago and it was one of the best boats I have ever owned. I saw this Superboat that looks very clean on Scream & Fly. Does anyone have any experience with an I/O Challenger type hull? Do they run as well as an O/B? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...t-i-o-for-sale

Tom
Old 07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Registered

Hey Tom, thats my boat...

I'll give you an opinion, but I'm probably somewhat biased so, take it for what it is.

I think it'll ride/run better than any outboard 21 in any chop and its got the speed to run with most of them on the flats... with a shorty, I think it'd be into the 90s easily too.

I know that Gary (GRH) has driven this boat years ago, not sure if anyone else has been in it on this board?

Last edited by ndaniels; 07-04-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: added info
Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 PM
f77

Thanks for you biased opinion . Seriously, it looks like you have a really nice boat there.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:41 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ndaniels
Hey Tom, thats my boat...

I'll give you an opinion, but I'm probably somewhat biased so, take it for what it is.

I think it'll ride/run better than any outboard 21 in any chop and its got the speed to run with most of them on the flats... with a shorty, I think it'd be into the 90s easily too.

I know that Gary (GRH) has driven this boat years ago, not sure if anyone else has been in it on this board?
I drove the boat when it was nearly new....502 415HP with a Blackhawk drive... it was a missle! ran well into the 80's with 4 people on board.... IMO it has a softer ride then any 21 OB I have been in.... but why should that surprise anyone... it has a BB mounted low in the back of the boat.... more weight with a better/lower center of gravity... thats an awesome boat I'd buy it myself if I didn;t already have a boat.... Keep it Nick... you'll be sorry!
Old 07-13-2011, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice boat at a nice price!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GRH
Keep it Nick... you'll be sorry!
I know I'll regret it, but I'm letting it remain listed while I see how everything shakes out at the new job. I'm planning on being down on Lake Cumberland with her next weekend if anyone wants to see it.

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Nice boat at a nice price!!!
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Nick...don't do it...only way you should is if you pick up the 34 listed and give it a white with red/black trim paint job!