Old 07-13-2011, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help 24 Ob Speed

I Have A 93 24 Superboat,with A 3l 250 Merc
When First Got It Was Runnin A 24 Trophy Got The Boat To 66
That Was A One Time Conditions,and Usually Hittin 62/64
I Tried 23 Tempest 23 Trophy,24 Labbed
Lately Im At 54/5600 Rpm And Cant Get Past 61,tried Raisin,lowering Motor,dont Have A Jackplate,
All The 23 Did Was Raise Rpm But No Speed Increase
How Do I Get This Thing To A Constant 65/66
Without Buyin A 300xs,which Mite Be My Next Move
The 24 Trophy Really Does Give A Great Ride,i Tried A 24 Mazco Chopper Prop And Couldnt Even Get Up On Plane,motor Is A 20" And Can Go Up Three More Holes,last Time I Raised It Started Walkin Around 55/58,so I Lowered It
Any Help Very Much Appreciated
Should I Try A 25/26 Prop
Old 07-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Registered

your motor doesnt need to be jacked way up on that thing to get the best speeds out of it.....My boat spun a 23 Tempest to the limiter at a consistent 68-69mph....i lend that to the fact that i ran my motor deep in clean water and let the gearcase and prop carry the boat old school style rather than letting the bottom do the work and the prop carrying the boat with most of the the gearcase surfaced....that was the way i found the boat ran best all around....I probably could have thrown a little more setback at it and raised the motor a bit and gotten 1-2 mph but the boat really bit and ran great aside from a little sideways crab walk at top speed if i got too happy with the trim.....I simply didnt think it was worth it....my wife could drive the boat to 60 no problem.....above that and she got scared driving and wheel input was needed at times....

it almost sounds to me like you have some sort of motor issue if your losing speed without doing anything....
Old 07-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Registered

Thanks George,i Just Bought Another 24 Trophy,i Traded My Last One For The 23 Trophy,then I Got Sidetracked Trying 23 Tempest,lab 24,and Never Got Back Up To Mid 60s ,should Have New 24 Trophy Prop Tomorrow
You Were Runnin A 25 Right?,with The 24 I Was Runnin 54/5500 At Mid 60s,so I Thought I Had To Go To A 23,but All That Did Was Hit The Rev And Same Speed,motor Runs Real Strong,i Think I Just Need To Set It Up Right.maybe I Should Lower Motor Instead Of Raisin,if All You Guys With 25 Shaft Are Seein Better Speeds,why Does This Boat Call For A 20 Then....make Sense What Your Sayin
Old 07-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

trophy is the best wheel for that boat hands down. I tested about 6 props and the trophy is the clear winner
Old 07-18-2011, 09:22 AM
Registered

How much set back for a non stepped 24 superboat with the notched transom?