The 24 is moving along >

The 24 is moving along

Notices

The 24 is moving along

Old 02-22-2011, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The 24 is moving along

Figure I'll start a new thread about the 24s upgrades.

The boat is back over at Kunkels Marine in Mansfield/Ontario, OH. Jason has been working on the steering and mocked up the 280 K-planes with an empty upper to make sure that everything cleared. Says the steering and tabs won't interfere, so thats good news.. I thought we might have to turn the steering mounts on the transom sideways to get the bigger tabs to fit.

He sent a few pics:
Attached Thumbnails The 24 is moving along-superboat1.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat2.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat3.jpg  

Old 02-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Looks good. I prefer the more compact steering systems that mount inside the tabs. But the ram on my 24 was rigged just like yours.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Registered

Yeah, I'd really love an ITS setup from Merc or Imco... man they look nice.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by ndaniels
Yeah, I'd really love an ITS setup from Merc or Imco... man they look nice.
I have ITS on my new rig. It is nice, the less holes drilled in the transom the better.

Here's a pic of the 24 I owned was rigged.
Attached Thumbnails The 24 is moving along-steering.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered

Some more progress.. Jason and I talked today and worked out a few of the details on wiring and battery layout. I'm going with dual batteries mounted tward the front of the bilge (like the factory does) to keep weight balanced- one on each side. I figure group 27 batteries are around 60lbs a piece and could throw things off (hell I wanted to do 31s but Jason advised against it).

Installing a heads up indicator for the tabs and drive in order to free up a gauge hole.. hopefully it'll give us enough room for 3 additional 2" gauges on the dash.
Attached Thumbnails The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-018.jpg  
Old 03-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks good. When will you be hitting the water?

I should be out by the end of the month!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Registered

Depends... might be out next month.

He's pretty much all done with rigging except for indicators, batteries, and some tubes/wires for a few additional gauges.

Dave, was your battery mounted forward on the side platform- kinda toward the back bench? Thats where mine was.. and I plan on installing two of them, one on each side.

Pics:
Attached Thumbnails The 24 is moving along-dsc06107.jpg   The 24 is moving along-dsc06109.jpg   The 24 is moving along-dsc06111.jpg  

Last edited by ndaniels; 03-05-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Pics
Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 PM
Registered

I have a feeling that the swim platform will be holding everything up. I gotta call them and see if its possible to drop it off on a weekend... hopefully next weekend. I won't have a day off during the week for a while to run it up there.

Got the indicators sorted out.. they sent some rasberry colored ones (supposed to be red). I guess Stainless figured out that the last batch of red turned out wrong after we called them. It was going to be a while untill they had another batch back from thier anodizer. I talked to Jason and I thought that black fingers would look good. He ordered a set of black fingers and a polished bare base. I wanted to make it red to match the boat, so off to the anodizer it went.. I really like the final product (better than all red, imo).
Attached Thumbnails The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-040.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-039.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-038.jpg  

Old 03-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Registered

Engine is coming together.. Jason worked out the mockup to make everything fit under the hatch. There isn't much room infront of the motor and the intercooler has to be mounted off to the side.
Attached Thumbnails The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-028.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-030.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-037.jpg  

The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-032.jpg   The 24 is moving along-superboat-rig-036.jpg  
Old 03-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks Great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.