30 CC Performance Numbers?????

Notices

30 CC Performance Numbers?????

Old 07-20-2012, 12:35 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
Question 30 CC Performance Numbers?????

Anyone know what the performance figures are for 30 CC with twin Mercs and single Suzuki that are featured on SB's website? Also, anyone care to venture what the top speed of a 30 CC with single Verado 350? Thanks
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 30 CC with the twins runs a solid 79 and broke 80 with the 250 pro xs motors......this year with the 300xs motors out of the box it ran 81 and with the first round of tweaking has been running a consistent 85.......it cruises effortlessly at 60+ depending on RPM....the boat set up the way it is is a dream to drive and is basically point and shoot up to about 70-75 and then you should probably at least hold the throtthe with one hand and the wheel with the other LOL....at the 85 it still runs straight as an arrow but does require a little wheel input (minimal).....I think with some more tweaking a solid 87 is possible......I honestly wouldnt hesitate to set up another one exactly like it....Mild mannered SUV Beach buggy Fishin boat that can run 25mph comfortably carrying the kids and dog to the beach and then hit the sticks and let it all hang out for an almost 90mph run through pretty much anything the bay dishes out.....I would love to do a full deck Y2K with a flat transom and a nice bracket powered by a pair of 300xs mercs with a light race layup....
Old 07-21-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
the 30 CC with the twins runs a solid 79 and broke 80 with the 250 pro xs motors......this year with the 300xs motors out of the box it ran 81 and with the first round of tweaking has been running a consistent 85.......it cruises effortlessly at 60+ depending on RPM....the boat set up the way it is is a dream to drive and is basically point and shoot up to about 70-75 and then you should probably at least hold the throtthe with one hand and the wheel with the other LOL....at the 85 it still runs straight as an arrow but does require a little wheel input (minimal).....I think with some more tweaking a solid 87 is possible......I honestly wouldnt hesitate to set up another one exactly like it....Mild mannered SUV Beach buggy Fishin boat that can run 25mph comfortably carrying the kids and dog to the beach and then hit the sticks and let it all hang out for an almost 90mph run through pretty much anything the bay dishes out.....I would love to do a full deck Y2K with a flat transom and a nice bracket powered by a pair of 300xs mercs with a light race layup....
What he said........300 s have been a blast. Boat is true multipurpose.....family boat when you need ...speed when you want it...i need to play with the windshield a little to cut down on the blow, but it's nothing I mind. If I would change one thing I would go full transom and no splashwell, but aain, nothing that bothers me

The single Suzuki maxes out at 65 I believe, with consistent 62/63

I am hearing rumors they may work on a cc with a cabin.

If I had use for a cabin I would love to have a harddeck like George said, but just has no function for me right now

Last edited by elvisali; 07-21-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:52 AM
Registered

just for the hell of it heres a few pics from the repower and its maiden voyage this spring with the 300s

Old 07-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Registered

mikey the boat mutt approves.....crazy bright LED console lighting.....

Old 07-21-2012, 07:55 AM
Ing
Registered

Awesome info guys! Thank you! Loved reading the build thread for your boat. Budget wise I'd be looking at a single OB, possibly a 300XS or Verado 300/350Sci and defintely no splashwell but always open to ideas and opinions from the people that own, run and rig these boats. Aside from the transom my other concern with this boat is seating. Prefer the sitdown buckets for the helm but need real usable seats for passengers. Is a full width bench possible in the stern?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Ing
Registered

Awesome pics George! I never saw the final rigging. Thank you. I've been interested in an SUV type boat more for entertaining family and friends then actually fishing so thats why passenger comfort would be a top concern. I actually think a small CC makes sense as an option although the added weight in a single OB version would I'm sure reduce top end performance. Its nice sometimes to have a place to get out of the elements or have that porta pot that the significant other always demands (but never use!). Would Coen actually build a full transom boat? Everytime I've talked to him whether its about a Millenium or 24, he's most helpful and informative but seems adament to keep the well and bolt the OB's directly to the transom?
Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ing
Awesome info guys! Thank you! Loved reading the build thread for your boat. Budget wise I'd be looking at a single OB, possibly a 300XS or Verado 300/350Sci and defintely no splashwell but always open to ideas and opinions from the people that own, run and rig these boats. Aside from the transom my other concern with this boat is seating. Prefer the sitdown buckets for the helm but need real usable seats for passengers. Is a full width bench possible in the stern?
Yes, there is a back seat option, I actually have one under my house, I just havent taken the time to have the mounts built, but I have just laid it in once or twice if I was idling and it was functional. As far as the full transom, no idea on 21' or 24', on the 30, you would really only be adding an inch to what I have now, all we did with mine was cut the transom down about 1-2 inches from the top, you could do the full transom and the splash well, which I think would be best, so that the rigging tubes, etc would have some room to move and not bind up. You could run the deck cap all the way along the back, but I dont like that s much, because i think you would have to then put the engines back further via brackets, and you really dont have a tie bar option with the way the boat is set up, but ask coen or rick, they would know better then me. I would do knees, they made world of difference

No if you are going single, its a different transom set up on the back....I know coen would be willing to sell his at a good price, and aquamarine has an unrigged single set up in stock, so good deals to be had right now
Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GEORGE YURICK
mikey the boat mutt approves.....crazy bright LED console lighting.....

George- do you remember how much we froze that day, man it was cold
Old 07-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 532 Likes on 329 Posts

This is a bad-ash set up, twin 300XS!

When the warranty is out and you wanna go 100, look up Dave Bush Racing for an additional 75HP on each engine, then have the lowers blue printed at Wilson Custom Marine.

got any videos of her flyin' ?

Has there ever been any Y2K outboard hulls that has broken 100MPH?

Last edited by noli; 07-22-2012 at 04:55 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.